Does anyone know an Annabel?

Hey berries, sorry to keep posting threads. We’ve been contemplating the name [name]Annabel[/name] though, and I’m just curious about the “real life” aspect of the name. I just have some negative associations with an [name]Anna[/name] and an [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] (although I still like [name]Annabel[/name]) and I’m just wondering if I’m being ridiculous to even consider [name]Annabel[/name] with those feelings. [name]Do[/name] people automatically assume the nn to be [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]? [name]Do[/name] people even use a nickname with [name]Annabel[/name] that often? What are your thoughts on the name? Anything else you know about real-life Annabels that you think we should know? Thanks again for your thoughts.

The [name]Anabelle[/name] that I know only goes by [name]Anabelle[/name]. I don’t think it’s hard to avoid the [name]Annie[/name] nicknames if you don’t want them. Our DD is [name]Juliette[/name], and she is NEVER [name]Julie[/name].

My name is [name]Annabel[/name] and I have always just gone by [name]Annabel[/name]. No anne or annie or bell or bella. [name]Ever[/name]. I didn’t like those names and people quickly learned I wouldn’t respond if they tried calling me by those names :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] have your daughter introduce herself as [name]Annabel[/name] and you’ll find that that’s what people will call her :slight_smile:

I posted earlier today about the spelling of [name]Annabel[/name]. Its the name we have chosen to name our little girl due to arrive in just 4 weeks. I dont know of any Annabels so i dont know what the more common nickname is? I do know that i am not Crazy for [name]Anna[/name] bc its my mothers name, and although i love my mother to death, it will get confusing lol. [name]Belle[/name] is a great nickname but, i tend to call my other daughter [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] not bc its her name just bc it means beautiful in italian/spanish ([name]Bella[/name]) and we also speak italian/spanish lol, sometimes i get lazy and call her just [name]Belle[/name], so i dont want her to feel like i am taking that “nickname” from her. That left us with [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Annie[/name], i like [name]Ellie[/name] DH likes [name]Annie[/name] but we will wait to see what fits her more when we see her and if we dont like either one then we will just be sticking with [name]Annabel[/name]. the name is beautiful as a whole and i really dont want to lose it to [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]. DH thinks it will be easy for everyone to just call her [name]Annabel[/name] bc his name is [name]Christian[/name] and never has gone by “[name]Chris[/name]” or any other nickname. his mother always wanted him to be called [name]Christian[/name] so thats what he was called, and still is! if someone calls him [name]Chris[/name] he will correct them lol. i dont think it will be hard at all, people will follow your lead :smiley:

as far as what we will use, i dont know? Nicknames are cute but i certainly dont want it to replace her name. we will see…GL

I know a 16 year old [name]Annabelle[/name] and as far as I know, she doesn’t go by a nickname. I think [name]Annabel[/name] doesn’t necessarily need one. I love the name!

I know two baby Annabels, well one [name]Annabelle[/name] and one [name]Annabella[/name].
I have heard [name]Annabelle[/name]'s mom call her [name]Belle[/name] occasionally, and [name]Annabella[/name]'s mom call her [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Bella[/name].
I think [name]Annabel[/name] is a very sweet name and I agree that if you introduce her as [name]Annabel[/name], that’s what everyone will call her.
What are you thinking for a middle name?

lucy

Probably [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ava[/name]. DH and I have had a very difficult time agreeing on names, to say the least… :wink:

We have a daughter named [name]Annabel[/name]. She is only called [name]Annabel[/name] by her siblings and friends. I do call her my little “Belly Boo” but that’s what I called her when I was pregnant too. She’ll be 2 in [name]December[/name] and we have never had issue with anyone calling her [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Anna[/name]. Some old lady tried once to call her [name]Annie[/name], but I corrected her promptly and said “We call her [name]Annabel[/name].” The one thing I do have is that people “hear” [name]Abigail[/name] instead of [name]Annabel[/name]. I’m not sure why, but I get that frequently. All in all, we have been pleased with her name.

We know an [name]Annabel[/name]. She doesn’t go by a nickname that we know of.

Actual post off my facebook from a friend (I actually know two people with Annabelles)

“Okay people- [name]Annabelle[/name]'s “official” nickname is [name]Annie[/name]! No more [name]Bella[/name]'s or Belly’s or [name]Bell[/name]'s or [name]Anna[/name]'s… Okay, well, when she gets older, she may choose [name]Anna[/name], but she can’t talk yet, so I get to say [name]Annie[/name]!!! And then again, I guess ya’ll will call her whatever you want!!”

As far as I know, the other friend uses [name]Annabelle[/name] and nothing else.

Ok, so far, all your responses sound promising! Thank you so much. I just don’t know if I’m crazy to consider naming her [name]Annabel[/name] since I would say I strongly dislike [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]. Is that dumb?? (I think it’s so weird that I like [name]Annabel[/name] so much when I don’t like [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]!) [name]Do[/name] you guys think that’s deal-breaker?

My little sis (she’s 18) name is [name]Annabel[/name]. She loves it!
If I call her by a nickname, I always call her [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Annie[/name], and she doesn’t like that very much, but she doesn’t hate it either.
Some people call her [name]Bella[/name], but she hates that because of the Twilight connection.
But she doesn’t mind the nicknames much since most people just call her [name]Annabel[/name] :slight_smile: .