Does Avery sound ok with the last name Russo?

I really like the name [name]Avery[/name] but I’m wondering about the competing “r” sound with the last name Russo. Thoughts? We’re thinking of [name]Kate[/name] for the middle name.

Usually it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me… I would love to use [name]Arianne[/name] nn [name]Ari[/name] for a daughter one day, and [name]Ari[/name] [name]Richards[/name] (my LN) has similar flow to [name]Avery[/name] Russo, as far as the ree-r goes, but [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is very “AY” heavy, and [name]Avery[/name] Russo is a bit “R” heavy… which makes me pause even more.

Although I’m finding it hard to be unbiased here, [name]Avery[/name]‘s one of my favorite boys’ names, and a family name for me, so I can’t really think unbiasedly regarding [name]Avery[/name] for a girl. :frowning: I don’t really think it’s that bad, though, and if you really love it, you should go for it.

I think it sounds nice. Since the "r"s are separated by the “y” in [name]Avery[/name], the flow works really well, in my opinion. I like [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kate[/name] Russo, too.

Agreed. I think it sounds really nice. I do think [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is a little ‘ay’ heavy though.

I’m struggling to say the name altogether to be honest so it isn’t my favourite.

Sounds fine to me :).

[name]Kate[/name] Russo sounds better.

I think that [name]Avery[/name] Russo sounds completely fine together. [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kate[/name] Russo doesn’t have the best flow, but I don’t think that it’s so problematic that you can’t use it if you’re otherwise set on it.

Thanks for all the help!!! We’re also considering the following for first names:

[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Katelyn[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]

Which name sounds the best with Russo as the last name? Any other suggestions?

I think [name]Kate[/name] Russo sounds fabulous! Maybe something along the lines of [name]Kate[/name] [name]Emily[/name] Russo, or [name]Leah[/name] [name]Kate[/name] Russo/[name]Kate[/name] [name]Leah[/name] Russo? I think [name]Emily[/name] [name]Kate[/name] Russo is adorable, as well.

[name]Kate[/name] [name]Emily[/name] Russo sounds fantastic.

I actually really really love it together.

[name]Avery[/name] Russo looks like a boys name to me though, it’s good that you’re considering a strong female name like [name]Kate[/name] for the middle.
If I saw “[name]Avery[/name] Russo” on a classroom list, I’d automatically think it’s a boy.

I really love [name]Kate[/name] Russo!
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Avery[/name] Russo
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Emily[/name] Russo
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Lauren[/name] Russo

I think it’s fine - I much prefer [name]Avery[/name] to [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Even[/name] though I love [name]Avery[/name], [name]Kate[/name] Russo sounds much nicer. :slight_smile:

I do really like the name [name]Kate[/name]. I think it sounds cute as a little girl’s name, but also very cool for an older girl’s name. Another first name I really liked was [name]Ella[/name]. What do you think of [name]Ella[/name] Russo? My mom told me she absolutely hates the name. She’s from [name]Scotland[/name] and she said it’s got a negative connotation over there… What does everyone think of [name]Ella[/name], and should I just ignore my mother?