Does Aviana make you think Avian flu, Evian water, Aviation....???

I go back and forth whether I love it or it makes me think of one of the above. I guess if I have days it makes me think of the Avian flu I should mark it off the list for good :confused: Does anyone else automatically think Avian Flu, [name]Evian[/name] water etc or is it usable?

I have to admit it kind of does. I still think it’s pretty enough, and probably ultimately useable, but I do think [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] are pretty and similar and much less problematic. Good luck!

Yeah, I think I marked it off and said if we go [name]Aviana[/name] lets just suck it up and go [name]Ava[/name]. And then I found out my son had 3 [name]Ava[/name]'s in the preschool class above his and marked that one off. I think it’s a gonner :smiley:

Yes, [name]Ava[/name] may be #1 right now, it’s certainly close, and I understand if that’s a concern. However I do think there’s no guarantee she’ll share it, and she could possibly share a rarer name. I grew up as a [name]Jessica[/name] in the 80s and 90s and never had a classmate with my name! (And popular names were used by more children in those days). You could always use [name]Avie[/name] as a nn and that might keep her a bit more distinct.

Still, maybe the bigger concern is that you don’t like [name]Ava[/name] as much [name]Aviana[/name]. And I will repeat I don’t think [name]Aviana[/name]'s word overlap is a huge problem, but I do think it could be a little problem (especially if you always think of Avian flu - to me that’s the bigger concern than what anyone else thinks!) What do you think of [name]Ariana[/name]? [name]Eva[/name]? [name]Avery[/name]? [name]Liliana[/name]? [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Anna[/name]? Those are just a few with a similar feel without the word overlap.

I don’t like the short A sound combined with an R so [name]Ariana[/name] I don’t like (which is weird b/c [name]Arabella[/name] is on my list but I like it said [name]Air[/name]-ah-bella). Like [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Lilliana[/name] both on my list but I think I prefer [name]Lillia[/name] to [name]Lilliana[/name] just scared of the [name]Lily[/name] factor being so popular. [name]Avery[/name] to me is to masculine. I did have this baby named [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] for like 3 days but my husband is not a fan of double barrell. Those are great suggestions…you hit 2 nails on the head with [name]Eva[/name], and [name]Lilliana[/name] :slight_smile: And I was a [name]Jennifer[/name] in the 80’s hence my fear of [name]Ava[/name]!!! I mean I was always “[name]Jen[/name] K” b/c I was always at least 1 of 3-5 in [name]EVERY[/name] SINGLE class!

I would not have thought of the Avian flu, or [name]Evian[/name] water. Perhaps aviation would have come to mind, but what’s wrong with that? But if the flu keeps crossing your mind, you’ll of course have to decide whether that association could fade for you or will remain persistent. Other suggestions (with different A- pronunciations at the beginnings):

[name]Abriana[/name]
[name]Adalia[/name]
Adonelia
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Alisa[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Aminta[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Andriana[/name] ([name]Andi[/name]!)
[name]Aneska[/name]
[name]Anessa[/name]
[name]Angel[/name]
[name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
Annalina
[name]Aubriana[/name]
[name]Availia[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Avellana[/name]
[name]Avianca[/name]
Avonleigh
[name]Azalia[/name]

Makes me think of [name]Amy[/name] [name]Adams[/name] to be honest.

Yes… It totally does…