Does Belphoebe sound really weird?

[name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f]’s always felt a little awkward to me, but I’m not quite sure why? It almost feels like a smush of [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] though, and whenever I say it, it sounds really clumsy.

1 Like

[name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] is a real name. It was created in 1589 by [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Spenser[/name_u] in his poem ‘The Faerie [name_f]Queen[/name_f]’, to represent [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] I. I’ve always loved it and wondered why it isn’t used more often. It’s very elegant, with a slightly otherworldly/witchy vibe, which I like.

2 Likes

I don’t think it sounds weird, but it does look a little weird. Maybe Belfebe? Or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]-[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]? Bellephoebe? [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]? I’m not sure…

1 Like

nevermind

I really dig Both [name_f]Amoret[/name_f] and [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f]. I get people don’t feel familiar with [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f], I just don’t get the dislike.

1 Like

It’s a bit odd to be honest. I also think you will have a lot of issues with people mispronouncing the name. But if you love it, then you should keep it as a consideration.

2 Likes

[name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] is a little too made up for me. [name_m]How[/name_m] about giving her two first names, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]-[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]?

1 Like