Does Camille Fit?

I was never really a fan of [name]Camille[/name]/[name]Camilla[/name] (although I liked [name]Camellia[/name]), until I met adorable twins named [name]Keenan[/name] and [name]Camille[/name]. I guess it made me realize that [name]Camille[/name] can fit an actual child, not just an older woman. Now, I find myself really liking it, but I’m not sure if it fits with the other names on my list, which are pretty much set.

[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name], [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Felix[/name]

Does [name]Camille[/name] work? I think it fits my boys names, but not so much the girls. What do you think?

[name]TIA[/name]!

I think [name]Camille[/name] works fabulously with both sets of names! I’ve loved the name for a while. It was on my short list. And, now our neighbor’s newborn is [name]Camille[/name].

I think [name]Camille[/name] would be a cute addition to your current list.
Plus if you aren’t pregnant I wouldn’t worry about eliminating names off my list quite yet. [name]Add[/name] names you love, you can always eliminate when the time comes.

Yeah, I’m not really eliminating anything, we’re just really trying to focus on names we actually both like and would both use. I don’t see the point in having a crazy long list if you’d only actually use three out of thirty, you know? I’d like to have a solid top ten so we have more options, so I’m working on finding new names that fit with the others.

That makes sense. I have my crazy long list and then my top favorites are underlined or something. But in theory same principle.

[name]Camille[/name] most certainly goes. We have similar tastes :slight_smile:
I really want to like [name]Camille[/name], but I knew one that has put me off a bit. I also know a [name]Camilla[/name]. Very quiet and sweet woman.

[name]Camille[/name] is fashionable and upper-class in [name]France[/name] (where it’s used for boys and girls). It works very well with your list and has positive international associations.

Thank you all :slight_smile: I was unsure about this, but you’ve all made me feel a lot better about it. Hopefully the boyfriend will like it too.

Agreed, [name]Camille[/name] has had a big rise in popularity because it’s such a sweet sophisticated name :slight_smile: I know a few Camilles in the States and [name]France[/name] which is proof imo that it’s cool and very usable in both languages!