Does Carmen work for Coco? What other FN could get Coco as a nn?

Hello Berries!
I am a name lover and I’ll have a girl!

I love the nickname [name_f]Coco[/name_f] and need a full name for it.
I am also loving [name_u]Carmen[/name_u], as It’s my grandma’s name and means so much to me. But…Does [name_f]Coco[/name_f] work for [name_u]Carmen[/name_u]?
I mean…It doesn’t begin with “Co” but it has a C…

My family is Venezuelan and I live in [name_f]France[/name_f], the baby has a french dad.
That means the name should work in Spanish and [name_m]French[/name_m].

So you get an idea of my taste in names:
Girls [name_f]Noa[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Aitana[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Flor[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_m]Luc[/name_m]ía
Boys [name_m]Aitor[/name_m], [name_m]Tiago[/name_m], [name_m]Diego[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], Iván, [name_m]Paco[/name_m], [name_m]Beto[/name_m]
(I like short classic names in spanish, nature and hippie names in spanish too)

That’s why I love [name_u]Carmen[/name_u]: It is short, classic, spanish, a nature name meaning “Garden”… But I truly love [name_f]Coco[/name_f] for a little child!

Out of the game:
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] (means mop in Venezuela)
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] (to similar to mop in Venezuela)
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Coleen[/name_f]/[name_f]Coline[/name_f]/[name_f]Colina[/name_f]

AND I am also in [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] with [name_f]Coral[/name_f]…what do you think?

[name_u]Carmen[/name_u] nn [name_f]Coco[/name_f]???

So while I do think [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] “[name_f]Coco[/name_f]” could technically work, it’s a pretty big stretch. However, if her middle name starts with O then “[name_f]Coco[/name_f]” would make a lot of sense! I think I saw [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] in someone’s signature once, that was very sweet.
As for [name_f]Coral[/name_f], it’s a cute, fun and spunky name (though I think [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] and [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] are prettier).
Other Co- names are [name_f]Corisande[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Corina[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f].
From your list I also love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!
By the way, you wouldn’t consider using [name_f]Coco[/name_f] as a full name would you? Since you like even shorter names like [name_f]Flor[/name_f]. I personally think it’s usable.

I think [name_f]Coco[/name_f] is a bit weird for a nicknames of [name_u]Carmen[/name_u]. I suggest a name starts with Co- like [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] or [name_f]Corina[/name_f].

You know, I’ve been thinking and I’m not sure I’ll name my kid [name_u]Carmen[/name_u], It is too of a big association with my grandma. I love her so much and I feel I’ll think on my grandma everytime I adress my child as “[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]”. My baby is a totally different person…maybe this is personal and other parents don’t think this way…
This is a cute anecdote from my childhood: My grandma had a cute nickname on me: "Princesa [name_f]Azul[/name_f]:
“[name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Princess[/name_f]” and [name_f]Azul[/name_f]=blue is used as a name for modern babies in Spain.
[name_f]Azul[/name_f] is a cute way to honor [name_u]Carmen[/name_u]!
It could be a middle name or first name. But as I want to use the nn [name_f]Coco[/name_f], what if I name her something starting with “Co” and use [name_f]Azul[/name_f] as a middle?
I spent all night thinking on this :joy: