Does Cassin sound like a name?

My hubby and I both like the name Cassin (pronounced to rhyme with fasten) for our boy due in [name]August[/name]. It is the last name of a famous ornithologist (we both like birds).

However, we are worried it doesn’t sound enough like a real name. Thoughts? Other names we are considering…

[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Cedar[/name] (hubby worried it is a girl name)

I love [name]Miles[/name], [name]Finn[/name], and [name]Jasper[/name]. I think Cassin sounds like a name, lots of names begin as surnames and I like that this one has personal relevance for you.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Cassiel[/name]? (archangel of [name]Saturday[/name]) Or Castiel (made up name based on Supernatural character)?

yep!
I know of a man named Casson!

Before I read your pronunciation guide at first glance I guessed it was to be said ‘cay-sin’ which made me think of casein, as in the term used in cheese making.

‘[name]Cass[/name]-in’ does sound enough like a name to me. I think I prefer a Casson spelling though to get me away from the cheese association, which I think was suggested to my brain by the ‘i’ in Cassin despite the double ‘ss’. I know that sounds weird - probably most people won’t ever have heard of casein anyway!

Cassin definately sounds like a real name to me and a nice one at that! I also pronounced it how you have so shouldn’t have too many worries there :slight_smile: