Does Claire Juliet sound too French?

Still no baby and patiently waiting. 11 days from due date. Still love this combo but hesitate on the fact that neither my hubsand or myself are French. [name]Will[/name] this name give off too much of a French heritage with [name]Juliet[/name] stemming from [name]Julia[/name]? [name]Hence[/name] would this be odd to introduce your child with 2 French names, yet with no French heritage? Thanks…

First of all, I absolutely love [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. Second of all, [name]Juliet[/name] isn’t even French! [name]Juliette[/name] is the French version, and even so, I don’t see what’s wrong with having two French names. I guess if it was something like [name]Aurelie[/name] [name]Capucine[/name], I would be surprised. But [name]Claire[/name] is so common now that I doubt most people even know it’s French.

I totally agree. :slight_smile: [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is a gorgeous name, it doesn’t sound too French at all! I didn’t even think of that when I saw the name–I just thought of how beautiful it was. If you love this name, go for it, and don’t worry about the origin of it.

No, considering that [name]Claire[/name] is a well-established traditional name on its own. It isn’t a combination like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]…

I think it is pretty, and I really like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], too.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is so pretty. It does sound kind of French to me, and what’s wrong with that? I love French names. People will just think that you appreciate names that are lovely and soft.

I don’t think you have to give your kids names that exactly match your heritage or your last name. I love Greek names even though I’m not Greek. I love French, Hebrew, Latin, Scandinavian, and many other kinds of names even though I’m mostly Scottish.

I don’t even think of [name]Claire[/name] as French. And French names have been accepted in English-speaking countries for a long time.

I like this combination. Like, really like. [name]Both[/name] of French origin but don’t feel extremely so. I find [name]Claire[/name] blandly (or, in a more positive sense, benignly) attractive, but I didn’t realize that a more strongly attractive middle name of matching style could turn it into a great name.

Oh, and I wouldn’t hesitate to name a daughter [name]Aurelie[/name].

I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]!

Ditto! I love [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], and if I heard it, I’d think, “Wow! What a stunning name!” (Which is what I thought when I first saw it on your list.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Claire[/name] is a bit like [name]Caitlin[/name]. [name]Caitlin[/name] is an Irish name but it’s been around in the States long enough that I don’t think anyone would think twice if a person who isn’t Irish used the name. (I know several Caitlins who aren’t Irish.) [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is a beautiful name. ([name]Both[/name] my sons have Hebrew first names but Dh and I aren’t Jewish. I just really love Semitic languages.)

[name]Love[/name] it!!! Classic, beautiful, perfect =0) Course, I am a bit bias, as we are naming our little one due in [name]April[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]!
Ok, I do think it sounds french, but that doesn’t bother me (I actually liked it more for that)! Our last name is Spanish (Estrada), and it still doesn’t bother me. With your spelling of [name]Juliet[/name], it is a much more classic feel, and not as french… I would use, it - well, I am in a way using it - lol!!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]! And no it is not too French…such a classically beautiful name for your little girl!

I love it too, and it does not strike me as being French.

[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are very familiar names used a lot outside of [name]France[/name], so I don’t see them as too French.

Not at all, I love these names together :slight_smile: