Does Daphne fit?

Hey guys! Not ttc just forever thinking about sibling names lol. I have a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and a [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]! We are thinking about having one more and while we are certain on a boys name, I have yet to find a perfect girls name!

The name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] has been on my list for a while but I pushed it to the back due to the fact that my hubby always said he only thinks of scooby doo. So when I watched Bridgerton last week it sparked a new obsession in the name! Sometimes just seeing the name on a person really helps. So I brought it up to hubby again and to my surprise he actually loves it now! I’m still shocked lol. I told him once people see the baby, no one is going to care about a scooby doo reference. The middle name would be [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], an honor name.

So what does everyone think about [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and how do you think it fits with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? One other name we’ve considered is [name_f]Opal[/name_f] but I fall in and out of love with it I guess. Hubby and I are both crushing on [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] now! We live in the US for reference. Thanks for the help everyone!

3 Likes

Ditto [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

2 Likes

I adore [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and I think it works great with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is so sweet. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is nice as well, but I think I prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!! Trying to get my DH onboard for it if we have a girl. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is adorable!

1 Like

Love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! It’s one of my top names. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is a stunning combo! I think that [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] fits right in with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] doesn’t fit as well in the sibset in my mind. I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is the way to go! Good luck!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] in itself and I think it flows well with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. Great pick!

1 Like

Fits perfectly!

2 Likes

It fits perfectly! They also sound short and sweet, and they also all have nature ties. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is gorgeous!

3 Likes

I love your girls names! I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] fits in beautifully

Other ideas:
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Dita[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Cilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

I’m so curious what your boy name is??

1 Like

It’s perfect !

1 Like

It fits perfectly. If you’d asked for suggestions for [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]’s sister, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] would have been high on my list of recommendations. It’s perfect for you! :heart_eyes:

Opal fits brilliantly too but I’ll admit I’ve never totally fallen for this name. I prefer [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], and definitely prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] over [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. As @tfzolghadr says, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] flows better with the middle name you’ve chosen too.

How do you feel about [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] or even [name_f]Hebe[/name_f]?

1 Like

I think it fits very well! All are simple, spunky and floral.

1 Like

Daphne [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is a gorgeous combo. I think it fits right in with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (great names btw) - I like that it shares the “e” sound with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and the “f” sound in [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

I’ve been watching Bridgerton too and I am loving all the names, I kinda have a guilty pleasure for the ABC pattern of the Bridgertons!

2 Likes

Daphne flows like a dream with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. Perfect!

Daphne [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous.

I wouldn’t use a name I kept falling in and out of love with. Personally [name_f]Opal[/name_f] has always felt kind of awkward as a person’s name, I can more easily see it on a pet. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] just flows so beautifully and still has the classic weight that your other daughters’ names have.

1 Like

Such a gorgeous set of names!!! [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] gets my vote!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and it fits perfectly!

1 Like

Daphne fits perfectly

1 Like

Sylvie, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are divine together!

1 Like

I agree with this. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] feels perfect here, while [name_f]Opal[/name_f] feels slightly stuffy with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is gorgeous too!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] both go well with your other names. Here’s some other names you may like

Mabel

Ingrid

Hazel

Juniper

Delilah

Piper

Astrid

Pearl

Ines

Maud

Arden

Briar