Does Elsie make you think of a cow?

No, but it still seems very “old lady” to me and makes me think of a charlady in a pinny and with a mop and bucket. My name is [name]Ailsa[/name] and I have been called all sorts of names in my life - [name]Elsie[/name] is one of them. What is this about a cow? Is this an American cartoon or something?

[name]Elsie[/name] reminds me of my childhood best friend she is a gret person and no one anymore really knows of the cow. I think it is suuuuppppeeerrr Cute!!!

I think it’s cute…I always thought of it as a shortened version of my mn [name]Elizabeth[/name]…you could spell is [name]Elzie[/name] if you wanted to, and get rid the cow association if it bothers you

I also think it’s cute. I just found out that DH’s mom’s family has a lot of [name]Elsie[/name]'s in it, so we are considering it for future daughters (we have no kids now). I like [name]Elsa[/name] too. We’re thinking [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Rose[/name] is for my sister). I like [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Lyons[/name], with [name]Elsie[/name] as a nn. I didn’t get the cow reference until I looked the name up on nameberry!

Speaking of references, [name]Elsa[/name] the lioness is the subject of the book, and later movie, “[name]Born[/name] [name]Free[/name].”

http://jo.ath.cx/elsa/index.html

Not so many people remember [name]Elsa[/name] as they do [name]Elsie[/name] the cow (brand recognition as opposed to literature/film), and it’s probably a little more appealing as a namesake, but paired with [name]Lyons[/name], it’s the first thing I thought of. [name]Elsa[/name] was one of the most famous lions ever.

I love [name]Elsie[/name] and it doesn’t make me think of a cow. I do prefer [name]Elsa[/name] as a formal name though, with the nn [name]Elsie[/name].

I’m obviously biased though, as I’m an [name]Elsa[/name]. My real name is [name]Elisabeth[/name] but I’ve gone by [name]Elsa[/name] for as long as I can remember!

Although I do remember [name]Elsie[/name] the cow, I don’t think of her at all when I hear this name. I think it is cute as a name or nn for a little girl.

[name]Elsa[/name] is cute. [name]Essie[/name] is cute. But [name]Elsie[/name] . . . not so much. Yup I definately think cow.

My grandmothers name was [name]Elsie[/name] and my sister and cousin are named after her…

[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Kelsie[/name] [name]Lynne[/name]

I think it is a pretty name! [name]Love[/name] it

I think it’s gorgeous! [name]Elsa[/name] is v nice too. I much prefer either of these two to [name]Elise[/name].

I don’t think of a cow. I actually really like this name. I asked my 11 year old what she thought of the name [name]Elsie[/name] and she said it reminded her of a female “[name]Elvis[/name]”. Honestly I don’t think most kids now days would make the connection between [name]Elsie[/name] and a cow.

My name is [name]Lisa[/name] and if [name]Elyse[/name] didn’t sound so close to my own name it would be on my top 10 list.

I think of a cow, I’m 32.
also, this is in my DS nusery rhyme book:
[name]Elsie[/name] [name]Marley[/name]'s grown so fine,
She won’t get up to feed the swine,
But lies in bed 'till eight or nine!
Lazy [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Marley[/name].