Does Fiona still have an ogre connotation?

I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is so feminine and pretty but also a strong name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys associate the name too much with [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] from Shrek? Or, do you think that association will still remain when I have kids in 5 or 10 years?

I think the association will always sort of be there, but I don’t think it’s a bad association. I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is a lovely name and definitely usable, even with it’s link to [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

My thoughts exactly.

I agree…

I’ve never seen the movie in full, so I don’t associate it with that at all. I agree that it isn’t a bad connection for those who do think of Shrek, though.

Short answer: yes. [name_m]Long[/name_m] answer: yes, but I don’t think that is bad, and I also will postulate that the population responding yes (namely, adults) is not the population that matters quite as much in this situation (namely, kids). To me the [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] association does linger mostly because there are no other strong [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]-associations, but Shrek is a very fun satire of a fairy tale with some very good lessons, so as far as connections go I don’t think it could get much better!

For me, no. I know two little [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]'s and never think of it when I hear their names.

Shrek will always be out there though, so the connection may be there for those without other associations with the name. Like others have said, the association is not a bad one.