Does Henry sound odd with our surname??

I am really loving the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m] right now, it is so cute yet classic and simple.

However does it work with our surname [name_m]Hurley[/name_m]?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] ???

Too much alliteration and rhyming or does it work well ?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any other name suggestions that would suit?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] does sound a bit cartoonish to me, sorry. If it were either alliterative or had the same ending it would be fine, but both is a bit much, especially with the “ee” ending sound that’s often associated with cutesy names.

I’m not sure if you and your partner have the same surname, but if you don’t, is hyphenating an option? [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]-[name_m]Hurley[/name_m] for instance sounds fine, a lot better than just [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Hurley[/name_m], and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is short enough that hyphenating wouldn’t be as annoying as if the first name was, say, [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m].

Or you could do a double first name like [name_m]Henry[/name_m]-[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] (I’ve met a guy who went by [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m]-[name_m]Henry[/name_m], not sure if it has a hyphen or not).

[name_m]Henrik[/name_m], [name_m]Hendrick[/name_m] and [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] sounds similar to [name_m]Henry[/name_m], but without the “ee” ending.

For other suggestions, you probably like classic names that don’t feel outdated or old-fashioned. What about [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/[name_u]Alex[/name_u], or [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]/[name_u]Andy[/name_u]? Keep in mind though that these are all very popular, or have been recently enough that your son will encounter a lot of other boys/men with his name. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is currently very common amongst babies though, so this might not be an issue for you.

It’s either a very memorable name or it’s too much. I think for me personally, it would be a bit much but others may find it just right. I think the alliteration and ending on a y and also being two syllables… then there’s an r in both of them too… it would be too much for me. But I wouldn’t find it odd on someone else, just interesting or memorable, I think. Hard to decide and in the end, you just need to figure out how you feel about it…