Does Isla sound awful with our last name?

…which is [name]Wood[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] (something) [name]Wood[/name]
Honestly…you won’t hurt my feelings. It sounds like “isle of wood” doesn’t it? I’m trying to make it work in my head but i dunno…

Hmm…At first glance, I thought it sounded great, but now that I think about it, I guess that [name]Isla[/name] [name]Wood[/name] sounds a bit like “pile of wood” or [name]Isle[/name] of [name]Wood[/name]. Hmm… I still think it’s pretty, though!

Good luck!

I think it’s sounds pretty and would have never thought of isle of wood or pile of wood until it was pointed out.

It sounds pretty when you don’t think about it too hard. And most people won’t think about it very hard. They’ll just hear it and accept it. Sure, when you think about it, though, you can come up with ideas like “isle of wood”, “in the wood”, etc. None of them seem at all offensive, however.

Other names that remind me of [name]Isla[/name] and might sound well with your last name are:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Wood[/name] (this one is really pretty)
Tulia [name]Wood[/name]/[name]Tullia[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Starla[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Sibyl[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Selina[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Tilda[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Milla[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Liesl[/name] [name]Wood[/name] (sounds darling to me)
[name]Isaline[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Wood[/name] (this one is really pretty, too)
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name] [name]Wood[/name] (very fond of this combo)

ooh, it’s so unfortunate that it sort of makes those words, because it does so flow beautifully and [name]Isla[/name] is such a pretty name. [name]Just[/name] throwing it out there: I also get “I’ll, uhh, would” out of it.
But yours is such a strong yet versatile last name, I’m sure you’ll find something wonderful.

It is a pretty combo and though I do see the concern, it doesn’t bother me much.

It actually reminds me a little of [name]Elle[/name] Woods, the legally blonde character.

[name]Isla[/name] is such a tricky name to pair because lots of things sound like the name of an island. I personally wouldn’t go for [name]Isla[/name] [name]Wood[/name], but it’s not awful, and if you love the name go for it.

My name ([name]Eleanor[/name]) does not flow well with my surname (which starts with [name]Nic[/name]). Whenever I say my name the ‘na/ni’ ([name]EL[/name]-en-na-ni-c____) gets a bit muddled and it’s hard to distinguish where my first name ends, and surname starts.

However, I love my first name, so I wouldn’t change that, and my surname is a part of my identity so I wouldn’t change that either :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] does [name]Isla[/name] sound with [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Mia[/name](other daughters)?
To many “a” endings?

I’m with those who say it’s not the greatest but it wouldn’t bother me. (I also thought of [name]Elle[/name] Woods from Legally Blonde, erinpurple).

I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] are cute together but [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] seem to similar. Maybe it’s the -la more than just the a. That combined with the flow with last name might make me move on (although I do love [name]Isla[/name]). What do you think about [name]Cara[/name]? Too theme-y with [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Bella[/name]?

Yeah, I think there may be too many “cons” for us to use [name]Isla[/name] for a daughter.
I think we’ll move on.
Thanks all!

I thought [name]Isla[/name] [name]Wood[/name] was fine, honestly. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Wood[/name] would be cute!

[name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and …

[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Deirdra[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Keira[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Tara[/name]
[name]Sorcha[/name]

Like any?