Does it flow/work?

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]… does it work?

I’m having such a hard time with combos since many of my favourites either have similar sounds, start or end with the same letter, etc.
Now I do know that even in the above combo there’s not a big variety of letters being used but I do really like the sound and feeling of the combo, I’m not super mega sure about the flow, though.

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is a name that nameberry has “taught” me to love and while I haven’t considered it much before, I adore [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] in this combo.
She feels earthy and reminds me of an old forrest in [name_f]Spring[/name_f], awakening. The flowers are beginning to blossom, the trees just got their leaves back, the birds strike-up their first songs, everything is green and magical.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f], I’ve adored for the longest time, it’s a name that embodies everything good in the world for me.
(Claire is nice as well but I don’t love it)

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (O-phee-lee-a) has always reminded me of a starry night sky, the moon, nebulas, space and everything beyond.
I feel like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] ground her a bit, get her back to earth.

Soooo… what do you think? And what image does the combo evoke? What kind of people would give their kid this name?
(Please be honest but not too harsh)

I really love it. In general I just like one middle name but its just a personally preference. If you like two middles, this definitely is beautiful and the order is nice too.

I think it’s going to depend on the last name, but I actually really like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u] just a tad bit better. I think as a whole the name is romantic and charming, with a vintage, ladylike, slightly prim feel. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] as a name is bold. She’s not princess-y in the same way [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] might be, or even something legitimately princess ([name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]) is. She’s rich and feminine, a little bit dark, but altogether light and somewhat ethereal. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] isn’t a name I’d want to wear - it just feels a bit much - but with usable nicknames and similarities to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], she makes sense. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] feels old-school vintage, with a perky but definitely upper-class stiff feel. She’s got potential to be playful, though. I love the look of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], but find myself more enchanted with softer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, particularly the comfy chic [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] and the girlish prim [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a love of mine - as is [name_u]Clare[/name_u] - and she feels put-together yet still playful, youthful, and light. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is much like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] in that she’s sophisticated and self-assured, familiar but not commonplace, airy yet sturdy. Who would give a child such a name as [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]? A bookworm, perhaps, or a professorial artsy type - someone who takes time to consider things, who might value a strong foundation and a sophisticated image, but also enjoys glitz and glam and feminine bliss.

Thank You for taking the time to write this. I always find it very interesting how other people view the names I love.
I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_u]Clare[/name_u] is lovely but it doesn’t do it for me and while I think one-syllable names can work really well ([name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] would be beautiful but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] doesn’t work perfectly in [name_m]German[/name_m]), I find them to be very abrupt should they not be the only middle name, the first middle name or the last name.
My surname is two syllables long and would work with these names (or so I decided) but who knows what will be, so I’m mainly focusing on the flow of these three names.

I rather like it, actually! I’m not a huge [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] fan, either (or most [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names in general, actually!), but [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is great. I have to say, though, I would prefer to see [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or, even more, [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I think that’d be fantastic. I really love the idea of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and a [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- name with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], though. I really like the presence of them together. I sort of imagine pink rosebuds climbing a white lattice in a royal garden somewhere in Europe (I keep thinking Germany, although I’m sure it’s just because I know that’s where you’re from, haha! I’m sure lattice is more of an American (or even suburban) thing, but oh, well!), with young love blooming all around, and birds singing. It’s a very romantic and tranquil image for me. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is nice, though. I’m just a huge [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] fan; I think I promote it unconsciously. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], but also think that [name_u]Clare[/name_u]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f] works better at the end-- the 3-3-2 is a tad awkward, 3-3-1 works better.

I see that you have [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] on your list, it’s a gorgeous combo.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and now [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] are really the only [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names I like. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] sounds pretty but -mund means “mouth” in [name_m]German[/name_m] while [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] means pink, so [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is a bit like a sentence to me, meaning “[name_f]Pink[/name_f] Mouth”. That’s probably why I don’t like it as much.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is beautiful but not a name I’d give [name_f]Clara[/name_f] up for because of the flow.
The imagery you described is lovely and I’m totally doing the secretly promoting of names, too (I mean who didn’t say “[name_f]Florence[/name_f] is nice but I really love [name_f]Flora[/name_f]” or the like, yet?) :slight_smile:

I do pronounce [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] with 4 syllables.

Well, I think it would flow better if you mix it up.
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]?
I do much prefer [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] over [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] doesn’t have the best flow - it’s a bit of a mouthful. All the names together are quite frilly. If [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] were family names, I wouldn’t mind so much.
You said you don’t like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but does it have to be [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]?
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty. A lot of people think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a filler though.
HTH

Thanks for your input!
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is the name I’ve been searching a combo for, which is why she is going to stay up front.
I don’t mind them being frilly, I like frilly names but that’s something everybody has a different opinion about of course.
Neither [name_f]Clara[/name_f] nor [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] are family names but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a name that I’ve loved for a very long time and it has many great associations for me. I do love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but since I’m [name_m]German[/name_m] and no matter where a future child would grow up, [name_m]German[/name_m] would always be spoken to them, it’s a bit difficult to use as either a first or a middle name (I’d love to use it up front).

I do think this combo may be a good one for you, then! If you love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] so much, have you considered her as a first name? I love her with the other names in your signature! I think you’re fine with the syllabic melody of 4-3-2. Personally, with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I’d go with something like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - oh, I quite like that one. That’s just because I’d be torn with putting [name_f]Clara[/name_f] out front in a different combination, and I’ve just got mixed [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] feelings - like you, I also quite like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] in the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] set, but even pure [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is elegant and alluring. But, you’ve put together a strong pairing with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f], so if you love it, why switch?

I really love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but she is very popular here. Also, I’ve fallen in love with the name [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] when I met siblings called [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Eliott[/name_u], so I would feel like a big copy-cat (nothing wrong with that but it’s a bit odd for me).
And I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f] a tiny bit more than [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and they share endings which is something I try to avoid for the most part.
The thing is, I’m not yet sure if I love it which is why I hope no one takes my replying as a “I have to make you like my combo” / “if you criticize me then you’re wrong” sorta thing. If some one has a critique point and I say that I don’t care about that, it’s merely me saying to myself “hey, you’re not bothered by this, the combo might be the one”.

I’m glad that you take your time to reply and me replying is simply wanting to let you know that I’ve read and thought about your comment and explain some things- [name_f]Clara[/name_f] over [name_f]Claire[/name_f], some names (sadly) not working in [name_m]German[/name_m], etc.

I really like it :slight_smile: I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] (though I adore [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]) but I do think it works perfectly in between [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (two more names I love).
I like your decision to not use [name_f]Claire[/name_f], for me it’s a little too ‘common’ in comparison to [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and I really don’t like it as a name.
If you were to choose a single syllable third name I would suggest [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

Thank You.
I really love Rosalie, too. If I were to ever use a Rose- name in the first name spot, I’d probably use her. I just find Rosalie to be a bit close to Ophelia, ending wise (and the whole name would be extremely sweet).
Maeve is pretty but, like most one-syllable names, wouldn’t stay one-syllable in German (same about simple Rose).
I wasn’t big on Rosalind for the longest time, either. The -lind ending bothered me but I’ve grown to like it and it seems to work in this combo. Every time I think about putting a name I like better in Rosalind’s spot, I usually don’t like the flow or sound of the combo which makes me like the name less (does that make sense?), so maybe I found the combo I’ll stick with :slight_smile:

Opinions are always appreciated though.