Does it REALLY matter?

So as I’ve posted before, my husband and I are expecting twins. Our favorite girl name is [name]Ansley[/name], and our favorite boy name is [name]Mason[/name]. However, I just found out one of my good friends in High School is having a girl named…[name]Ansley[/name], and one of my husbands co-workers is having a boy named [name]Mason[/name]. I rarely see my HS friend because she lives two hours away, and my husband doesn’t care about repeating names, but for some reason it’s really bothering me!

If these were other kids in my kids preschool class, it wouldn’t bother me so much…I think it’s because we know these people personally AND it’s before the births of all babies…I know that these names are on the rise in popularity, and I didn’t think it bothered me so much…

I guess my question is, am I just being paranoid and overdramatic? :slight_smile: That’s what my husband and mom think! :slight_smile:

Maybe slightly paranoid and over-dramatic, but if it is bothering you, I thing you should consider other names. If you come back to [name]Ansley[/name] and [name]Mason[/name], then go for it!

For [name]Ansley[/name], you could try [name]Halsey[/name], [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Cady[/name], [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Joely[/name], or [name]Finlay[/name].

For [name]Mason[/name], you could try [name]Brandon[/name], [name]Braison[/name], [name]Cason[/name], [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Archer[/name], or another occupational name.

I agree with the previous post. If it bothers you, find a new name. However, if this is just your initial reaction and you change your mind later, you can always go back to [name]Ainsly[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]. I say use the names you really love.
Here are some suggestions…

Girls:
[name]Lesley[/name]
[name]Ashlyn[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]/[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Kenzie[/name]

Boys:
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Damen[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]

Ultimately, choose the name that feels right to you. Good luck!

Finding the perfect name for a baby is important, and it sounds to me like you’re having rational doubts based on very real situations: your high school friend is naming her baby girl [name]Ansley[/name], and your husband’s coworker is using [name]Mason[/name].

Your concern sounds logical to me, not paranoid or overdramatic. You of course want to choose a name that feels fresh and special to you, and knowing people who are using the names you love may have changed your feelings about them. Plus, it sounds like you’re worried about the names becoming too popular for your taste.

If you’re bothered by these associations with [name]Ansley[/name] and [name]Mason[/name], I think you should listen to yourself. You may ultimately decide that you’re okay with [name]Ansley[/name] and [name]Mason[/name], but if you’re uncomfortable with the choices, you may also like:

Girls:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Whatever you decide, good luck! :slight_smile:

Honestly, I feel the same way that you do about repeating names.

I’d say if you’re really, REALLY set on using the names that you’ve picked out, you could either spell them differently, or just SLIGHTLY change the names. Here are some ideas that I came up with:

For [name]ANSLEY[/name]:
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Anslie[/name]
Ainley
Anley
[name]Ashley[/name]/[name]Ashlee[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]/[name]Averie[/name]
Acelie
Acelyn
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name]

For [name]Mason[/name]:
Maeson
[name]Mayson[/name]
Mazin
Maddon
[name]Kason[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]
Paison
Brayson/[name]Braison[/name]/[name]Brason[/name]

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about your friend’s children’s names–you are worrying to much, especially since you like these two names. I like [name]Ansley[/name] spelled [name]Ainsley[/name]. [name]Mason[/name] could have a nn like [name]Mac[/name]. (I know an adorable [name]Mac[/name] whose full name is [name]Mason[/name])

[name]How[/name] about Maxon, or even the old Welsh spelling, Macsen? Saw someone considering this on another name site recently, but it’s not common (to my knowledge).

Well, we have decided that we are still going to keep the name [name]Ansley[/name] if one (or both) are girls.

For girls it will be:
[name]Ansley[/name] [name]Taylor[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] ([name]Ansley[/name])
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (nn [name]Emme[/name] [name]Grace[/name] …I love double names)

For boy names, we have decided to switch names to:
[name]Colten[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] ([name]Colten[/name] or [name]Colt[/name])
[name]Cason[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] or [name]Cason[/name] [name]Robert[/name] ([name]Cason[/name])

I thought it would bother me if the two boys names started with same letter, but I don’t think it really does. I have a “feeling” that they are both boys. . . but I guess we will see! :slight_smile:

If you are still on the fence about names - you could name your baby girl [name]Mayson[/name].
That is my little girls name and we have had nothing but compliments:)
Good [name]Luck[/name]