Does Lux seem incomplete to you?

I like [name]Lux[/name] but feel like it should be a nn to something. But what? [name]Lucy[/name]? [name]Alexis[/name]?

hmm…

I like the combo [name]Lux[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] what do you think?

I think [name]Lux[/name] could stand on its own, though my style is more inclined to longer names so I’d lean that way…here are some possible suggestions

Any of the ‘[name]Lucy[/name]’ names would be good:
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]

And as you noted, [name]Alexis[/name] or the [name]Alex[/name] names would probably work
[name]Alexandria[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Alexia[/name]

Some others:

Luxana (I think this is Egyptian, I can’t quite remember)
Luxa
[name]Lennox[/name]
Lexington (though this would more easily have [name]Lex[/name] or [name]Lexy[/name])

I’d say yes. I think it could work for any of the [name]Alex[/name]- names, or possibly a [name]Luc[/name]- name. It doesn’t really seem like a name to me at all. It seems more like an abbreviation of Luxury or Deluxe.

It feels incomplete to me too.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lucasta[/name]? It’s another variation on [name]Lucy[/name].

As a person’s name it does, probably because my nickname is [name]Lex[/name]. I solved the problem by giving it to my cat. :slight_smile: I think it’d be awesome as a nickname for [name]Lucia[/name] (much better than [name]Lucy[/name]), but [name]Lux[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] has a lovely flow to it.

[name]Alexis[/name]

I love [name]Lux[/name]! Not too insubstantial at all as a first name in my opinion. I think [name]Lux[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] is positively swoon worthy!

Yes, it does to me. It seems more like a nickname. Why not make it short for something, like that said, of [name]Alexandra[/name] variant or a [name]Lucy[/name] variant? :slight_smile:

All it makes me think of is The Virgin Suicides.

I have no idea how famous the work is though, so it might not have that blanket connotation.

As for its completeness, since I have heard the name in use, albeit, in literature, it sounds complete. That and it’s the word ‘light’ in Latin.

Is it pronounced like ‘lukes’ or ‘luks?’ Either way, I do find it incomplete, but the second pronunciation makes me see ‘luxe’ in my head, which is akin to naming a child [name]Fancy[/name], imo.

[name]Lux[/name] is a brand of soap so I wouldn’t choose this name for any child. If you like it, use it as a middle name for [name]Vivienne[/name].

I’ve often wondered this myself as I am also a fan of this name.
I think it’s beautiful for a girl, and the nn ‘Luxie’ is so cute!!
The meaning of the name is beautiful as well.
You could try the spelling Luxe if that seems more complete to you; however, I personally
prefer to kick it old school with the original spelling of [name]Lux[/name].

Best,
L.