Does Margo sound okay with our last name?

Hey Berries! My husband and I are TTC and we have decided (surprisingly with much ease) to name our baby [name_f]Margo[/name_f] if it is a girl. Our last name is Layman. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] Layman. Does this sound like “[name_f]Mar[/name_f], go lay men.” The last name Layman (lay men) has been a subject for some light hearted and perverted jokes in my husband’s life and I don’t want to make the play ground bullying more abundant for my daughter. Honestly, if you were a 10 year old kid, would you even notice this? Thanks!

I never would have put that together. I think it sounds great!

Same as above. I love [name_f]Margo[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Margo[/name_f] sounds fine with it. It’s definitely the type of surname kids can latch on to and make fun of, but I don’t think [name_f]Margo[/name_f] makes it worse.

I don’t think it’s a problem with [name_f]Margo[/name_f], you seem more concerned about the last name itself. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] doesn’t make it worse.

I don’t see any problem with it, no. I agree that it’s a bit of a tricky surname, but [name_f]Margo[/name_f] doesn’t make it worse.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] Laymen sounds great. I think the potential for teasing is already there with laymen (unfortunately), with or without the ‘go’ in front.

I’d definitely pick something else, given your surname. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] always sounds like toddler speak to me anyway. [name_f]Marielle[/name_f], [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabella[/name_f]…something pretty.

I have an English degree and I’m a teacher. I’m always playing word games in my head and some of my friends do too. I have one who is a genius punner. So, yes, I do think the name sounds like “go lay man”. I think names that end in a sounded consonant like r, t or d would be nice with Layman.