Does our sibset sound like a fruit salad?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Everyone- We are working on a name for daughter number two due in a few months and our 1st daughter is Eve Clementine. We enjoy the fun and whimsy of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and we’re super drawn to the idea of [name_f]Plum[/name_f] as our second daughter’s middle name. We haven’t found anything else that we like as much, but will it sound like we’re making a fruit salad? We’re still undecided on a first name but we have [name_u]Josie[/name_u], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] on the short list. Any feedback on those combos would also be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help!

2 Likes

It’s a little fruity, but I get more sweet, whimsical vibes. Besides, people are unikely to hear both of your daughters’ middle names together, so I don’t see it causing a fuss. I think [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is an adorable middle!
What’s your eldest’s first name? It might help me to decide which of the combos I think works best (although I do really love the sound of your shortlist so far)!

5 Likes

@rosepip- Thank you for your help. Our eldest daughter’s first name is [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Last name is two syllables. TY!

2 Likes

What a lovely name!
With [name_f]Plum[/name_f], you can’t really use another one-syllable first, but I still think something sweet and streamlined (with a bit of punch) would be a great match.
Of the three you posed, I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] work perfectly, although I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] together as well.
How about…
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

Your first daughter’s name is gorgeous! :heart_eyes: Congratulations on #2.

I like the idea of [name_f]Plum[/name_f] in the middle. As @rosepip said, since they’re middle names it will be more of a subtle personal connection, rather than an obvious theme. I don’t generally like themey first names for siblings, but middle names can work!

Love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f], and I’d really love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] with [name_u]Josie[/name_u] for short. [name_u]Josie[/name_u] as the full name is maybe a bit too cutesy with [name_f]Plum[/name_f] in the middle, and I feel like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is a bit too wordy/botanical.

I really like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], suggested above. Maybe also…

Isolde [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]

3 Likes

I like plum! [name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] sounds a bit cartoonish, so [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nickname [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would be better, although [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] does seem long next to [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] (although I may be biased because my name is [name_f]Dalia[/name_f] lol)

Juliet [name_f]Plum[/name_f] would be super cute - i like the connection between the two siblings

1 Like

Eve [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

I love the middle name connection between the two and that the combos have the same number of syllables. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are so classic and chic together.

If not the full name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], I vote for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

5 Likes

Since they are in the middle name spot, I think it is perfectly fine. (It’s actually a really sweet connection!)

Fruity only if you use the middle names interchangeably… like in our family my kids will answer to both their middle or first name. But if the middle is out of sight out of mind type thing then I would say your safe. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] first… visually and style wise it meshes best with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. If not [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u] I would then go for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

Really loving [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]. I also agree with the suggestions of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. There’s just something about [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

Love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! :heart:

Clementine and [name_f]Plum[/name_f] are lovely middle names! I don’t think it’s too themed, especially since they’re middle names. [name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is inredible! So is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]. [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is a bit too nature-name-y to me, although it still sounds wonderful!

I think the connection is cute! As first names, it might be a bit much, but I love the idea for middle names. And, oh, I adore the idea of Josie Plum! How cute! Eve & Josie would make such sweet sister names.

Juliet Plum and Josephine Plum also work very well, but I don’t think Josie is too cutesy. I think Eve’s sister needs a name that’s not too elaborate.

Eve [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is a bit fruity with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], but if they’re middles I don’t think it’s unusable. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is my favorite of the three; [name_f]Luella[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] has been a favorite of mine, and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is lovely too. :heart:

@rosepip - Thank you so much for the vote of confidence for [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. It’s my husband’s favorite right now, though our last name ends in a Y so I’m still working out whether the cadence could work. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is also beautiful- I had never thought of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but recently I’ve been seeing it more and I’m really liking it.

@katinka- Thank you so much for the thumbs up for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. You, @baya44, @cactusgram, @Alix2016, @nessagirl96 all gave some great encouragement to consider [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and sadly, while if anyone else put forth the [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] combo I would think it was great. I’ve just never been a fan of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] myself even though it is beautiful and has such an elegance to it. I still have a few months though to go, so it might grow on me.

@elanorelle- Thank you for the [name_u]Josie[/name_u] support.I agree that something that isn’t too elaborate will likely win out in the end- glad to hear that you think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would work well together!

@nessagirl96- [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is an absoultely beautiful name! I may have a hard time convincing my husband on that one, but there is as you say, definitely something about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@may.rose- Thank you for your supportive comment. I was a little nervous about putting this out there in case the feedback was overwhelmingly negative, but I’m very grateful for everyone’s kind words!

@Greyblue - Thank you! I love the nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] as well and I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] can be a great name for all ages and lots of different personalities

@Natawa - Thank you!

@dogs_books - I agree [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] might be a little too much. But happy to know that you think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] might work!

@ashthedreamer- thank you. Definitely only considereing using the combo as middles, so for most people it wouldn’t be too overwhelming.[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is a beatiful rec as well!

2 Likes

It is a little fruity, but I like themed middles, so I think its lovely!
I like [name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] best, [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] are a sweet sibling pair.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is also very pretty, but I do agree that [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is perhaps a tad too much.

This!

Yes