Does Peregrine Age Well?

Words cannot explain how much I love the name [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] nn [name_u]Perry[/name_u], but I came across a problem and it troubles me greatly…Does it age well?

Can you imagine a child, a teenager, an adult, and a senior bearing the name?

Is the name timeless enough to carry throughout the years or will the name be overused and become a dying trend like Harper, Amelia, and Isabella?

So many questions, help!!

~[name_f]Dylynn[/name_f]

It would be weird to other kids but it sounds like one of those names everyone would get used to and people will probably will just end up calling him [name_u]Perry[/name_u] so it works out either way.

[name_u]Perry[/name_u] is great for when he is young and [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] will suit him as he becomes more mature. So it’s a good combination

I think this is a name that gets better with time, and is further aided by a youthful nickname. [name_u]Perry[/name_u] grows into [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] very naturally to me.

Like [name_m]Percival[/name_m], it’s an interesting name and I’d be glad to meet someone with that name! But it is hard for me to picture on anyone at all. I’m sure that because I live in the US. [name_u]Perry[/name_u] makes it more wearable for sure but I dislike that name. I do like [name_m]Pip[/name_m]!

I love this! It was on our shortlist for middle names for our boy but when the time came we weren’t quite brave enough. I do think it ages well on an individual and I don’t think it’s common enough at present to be seen as trendy.