Does Rylee sound like Bradley?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] y’all! So, my husband and I have always ADORED the name [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] for a girl, however my oldest son’s name is [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] and I feel like it sounds too similar to it. Is it all in my head? I really would choose this name for my daughter if not for the similarity.

I don’t think they’re too similar! The first syllables are different enough that I don’t think they’d get mixed up too much.

1 Like

Yes, I keep saying them both out loud repeatedly, but I’m not convinced they sound too different. :pensive:

they are very similar, but if you love Rylee enough, i think it can work! they might get mixed up occasionally, though. does Bradley go by Brad? do you like any nicknames for Rylee, like Ryles or Ry? using nicknames would definitely help!

1 Like

I don’t think they are similar! If you love it go for it !

1 Like

No, [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] doesn’t go by anything shorter and [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] would be the potential middle name for my daughter, so that kind of helps lol. (Currently pregnant, but don’t know the sex yet).

oh! if Rylee would be the middle name, i think you’d be totally fine! assuming you’re not planning on calling them by their middle, of course

4 Likes

Is your son old enough to be left in a different room?

If so, do that and call “Rylee” across the house and then see if he responds to it- that’ll probably give you your answer.

1 Like

I’ll try that! Lol.

1 Like

They don’t sound similar to me at all other than them both ending with an -ee sound

1 Like

They have the same ending sound and both have a prominent R sound. They don’t sound the same to me. I think they’re fine for siblings but its up to you!

1 Like

They just end in the same sounds but I think they are different enough to be siblings.
Brad-lee & Ry-lee. The first constant is different that I do not believe they will be mistaken for each other.
If you son is old enough call out [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] in the house and see if he responds to it. If he does then maybe it is to close for your family.

1 Like

Not that similar, no.

1 Like

I do think they’re very similar since they not only share the -lee ending but also a strong R sound in the first syllable. However if you’d be using [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] in the middle spot then I think it’s totally fine! People don’t often go by their middle name.

1 Like

I don’t think they are too similar.

Completely fine then! They are not identical and who will call her my her middle name anyway

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] and [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] work well together, they have the same ending but they are different enough that I think it sounds fine

1 Like

Not at all! [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] and [name_u]Rylee[/name_u] would be cute for siblings! :heart:

1 Like

I think they sound different enough!!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I’m definitely keeping it now. :blush::blush:

2 Likes

A little