Does Simon fit this criteria?

I’m looking for a boys name that is extremely timeless. Something that would not look out of place 100 years into the future and wouldn’t seem odd for a boy 100 years ago.

I’ve looked into the more mainstream options such as [name_u]James[/name_u], but didn’t feel the “click”. Then [name_m]Simon[/name_m] popped into my mind.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Simon[/name_m] would work in a historic piece set in circa 1910? And how about a futuristic piece set in 2110?

1910, probably yes!
Not sure about the futuristic part…Maybe pronounced See-mon yes, but i dont know about the normal [name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] was ranked in the 200’s during the 1910’s, so it would be perfectly in place. I can also see it in a futuristic setting too.

I think it would suit. [name_u]Si[/name_u]/[name_m]Cy[/name_m] might give a more futuristic feel if that was an option for a nickname.

Yup, I think it fits both criteria. Plus, it’s what my parents were going to name me before I was born – then they found out I was a girl all along.