Does Tennyson sound girly to you?

I agree with this.

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] aren’t unisex. I’ll give you [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] but I’m not sure how [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] is “like” any of these three.

@ilovenames101 - [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] would be stunning.

To me it’s entirely masculine.

However: since the general public seem to be on a ridiculous -son names for girls kick, and keep giving their daughters hideous names like [name_u]Addison[/name_u]/[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/Whateverson, it wouldn’t surprise me if [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] becomes common on girls before boys get much use out of it, so if I were you I’d just be aware that there’s a small possibility of him running into girls with the same name. I don’t think it’ll really take off or become popular, but just something to think of.

In 2012, there were 32 boys and 15 girls named [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]. It’s a very rare name. Most people associate [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] with the poet - a man - so I can’t imagine what’s making people say it’s a girl’s name. Maybe because of the popularity of patronymic surnames on girls? I’ve noticed that people tend to assume that any unfamiliar name is a girl’s name. It’s ridiculous. [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] is absolutely a masculine name.

I met a guy in a sports bar recently named [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. So there’s that. :wink:

Not at all! I love it. If it didn’t remind my husband of [name_m]Ben[/name_m] 10- it would be a contender for our next son!

Not at all…though it is a bit pretentious.

This is one of our top contenders for a boy name. Anything with [name_m]SON[/name_m] in it, I don’t think should go to the girls side. I feel the same way about [name_m]MAC[/name_m] names (means [name_m]Son[/name_m] of) but I’m fighting a loosing battle there. My husband loves surname-y names for girls, but I’ve drawn the line at [name_m]Mac[/name_m] or [name_m]Son[/name_m] names. I say go for it. I love the nn [name_m]Tenny[/name_m] or Ten.