Does the middle name Isolde Margaux sound too dark? Goth?

We are having our first girl in the beginning of [name_f]October[/name_f]. We have been batting around middle name ideas. Pretty for sure on [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] as one of them. Others we have tried on are [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Cossette[/name_f]. (I am sure many have assisted in my many previous posts and polls! Thanks!!) But at least for the last week or so we are stuck on [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]. Her first name will be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. (Although [name_f]Olive[/name_f] may be in the running… we will wait until we see her for that decision). Sorry for the rambling… so does [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] seem too dark or goth? That is NOT what we are going for.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/e [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] M.

I think [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] does have some weight to it, but it definitely doesn’t give me a goth vibe. My issue is more with the flow of the name - [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] doesn’t roll off the tongue smoothly for me. I think [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] might sound better in the third slot since it closes in sound in the last syllable (if that makes sense?). I would suggest [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] if you want to keep [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] in there. Other combos I think sound nice are [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f].

It’s definitely goth.
But it’s only a middle, it’s cool even if your kid only has these names as full combo & it’s lovely despite goth feels

If I were you, I would use it, but I understand if you really don’t feel it.

I think it’s gorgeous! Is it Is-old or Is-old-uh? I prefer the latter, & think that flows much nicer. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is perfect. I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is even a little better though, because it’s more unique. :slight_smile: .

I never would have thought of it that way, but now that you mention it, I can see it as dark and goth. But I also think it can be viewed in another light. My first impression was that it sounds interesting and artistic. I guess it just depends on the person.

I am planning on pronouncing is Is-old-uh. Definitely. I hadn’t thought it was goth until I kept saying it. I love it but wanted to make sure that I don’t seem/sound like an ultra goth parent trying to imprint my child! Because, I am not. I like that [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] are from great works of art…

Would changing the spelling of [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] brighten it up at all?

I think if I didn’t use this spelling I wouldn’t want to use [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]. As it is her middle names maybe I am being too cerebral about it. People are ultimately going to think what they want to about her name. I think that i think it is romantic, feminine and artistic. I just hope that what (most) others think too.

I see it as a little dark, but more weighty than anything. If it’s gothic it’s definitely in an architectural sense for me, not in like, a Hot Topic kind of way. It’s making me think of a rose bush and an iron fenc e outside a mansion. It’s not sleek, but it’s not fussy.

I think [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] is gorgeous, and I really don’t think [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is “too goth” at all (I’d never have even thought it if you hadn’t have mentioned it specifically). I’d agree more-so with your ‘romantic & artistic’ tag. In regard to flow though, [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] / [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] makes for a smoother combo.

It is a little dark and mysterious but with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in front it doesn’t feel too much at all. They balance out well and sound good:)

I’d be a little wary about [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]; for me, it’s become a symbol of everlasting but tragic love. I’m not sure that’s something I’d want to pass on to my child. I get what you mean, though. [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and it sounds great with [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]. Outside of Nameberry, people are less likely to be as well versed in names; they’ll probably just think, ‘oh, that’s a nice name,’ and carry on with their day. [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] is only a middle name, after all, and people rarely use them in real life.

I think it’s beautiful and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Olive[/name_f] at the front balances it out. I’d go for [name_f]Olive[/name_f] but it’s one of my favourites so I would say that!

Artistic, mythological and literary in my opinion rather than ‘goth’.

Doesn’t seem Goth to me. I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is great. And I would definitely put them in that order - [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] doesn’t work so well.

It does feel very gothic, but like PP said, it’s only the middle names. And I like the vibe, although personally I prefer how [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] sounds than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Margaux[/name_f].