Does this coincidence make our name unusable?

DH and I have finally agreed on a name for our baby boy! It’s taken forever to actually agree on one name let alone find two names that fit perfectly and that we both love! I’ve quickly fallen in love with the name… and then last night I realized DH’s cousin has a baby girl with a name that rhymes with the name we’ve chosen! Both first and middle names rhyme. Her name is Ch@lette Je@n and the name we’ve chosen in [name_u]Everett[/name_u] De@n. I’ve never met the little girl. We will most likely only see her on rare occasions, but DH does talk with his cousin almost daily so they do have a close relationship. They do call her by a nickname and we will most likely use Rett more often than his full name, but still the similarities have me a little unsure about how our name may go over with them. I have not yet pointed this out to the DH and I don’t think he’s realized yet either. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think this coincidence makes our name unusable?

I don’t think so. If you were having a girl and naming her Ch@rlotte or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], maybe. Ch@rlotte (I think that’s your husband’s cousin’s daughter’s name?) doesn’t actually rhyme with [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and doesn’t sound anything like Rett. De@n does rhyme with Je@n, but my sister’s and my middle names rhyme (Je@n and [name_f]Christine[/name_f]) and it’s never been a problem at all - we don’t use our middle names much. Obviously I don’t know your husband’s cousin’s family and can’t be sure whether or not they’d think the names were too similar, but in my opinion they’re absolutely not. I think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] De@n is totally still usable.

I don’t think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] rhyme. They just have the same ending letters, but they don’t actually rhyme. [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] rhyme, but they’re only middle names so I don’t think that’s really an issue. Your name is absolutely still usable :slight_smile:

No, not at all.

For sure no. They don’t really rhyme to me. it doesn’t sound like you are close or spending a lot of time together, so even if you feel like they rhyme it won’t be really a daily issue or something. I would stick with the name you love:)