Does this combo solve my problems?

See the results of this poll: Does Amias Julian solve my problems?

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, choose Amias : 17 (77%)
  • No, choose Atticus : 5 (23%)
  • No, choose something else to honor DH’s family: 0 (0%)

Bump from the spam-catcher abyss.

[name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is lovely! [name_m]Amias[/name_m] is a great choice - unusual and distinct, and yet it sounds familiar.

I dislike [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. This might be the snob in me, but I have a bias against names drawn from the American high school literature canon like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_m]Holden[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Huck[/name_m], [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m], etc. They sound trendy, and like the parent wanted to give the impression of being literary and cultured but their literary knowledge is limited to the books we were all required to read as teenagers. So it feels like this youngish form of naive pretension. I absolutely know that’s not a fair assessment and some of these books and characters are simply meaningful to people, but without context that’s just how they feel to me.

Haha, I avoid the names you’ve mentioned for the same reason, except [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. I do get that same vibe, but my dad read To Kill a Mockingbird to me out loud before high school and it was always a special connection for us given that I wasn’t always ok with what he does for a living and still struggle sometimes to accept the idea that he takes on certain cases in his profession where everybody knows the client has done serious wrong. I do make those same judgements about other people, though. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, [name_m]Holden[/name_m] gets a big cringe from me in particular. It’s great if [name_m]Salinger[/name_m] really spoke to you, I guess, but it winds up coming off ironically as extra “phony,” lol. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] I’m not the only one making unfair snap judgements like that…

i[name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is great! I assumed it was pronounced uh-MY-us. It sounds like it ticks all your boxes, pending your husband’s approval, and is a great fit for your family. I don’t think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is a super intuitive nickname, but then again, neither is [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] (to me), but it seems to have done well for you! I wouldn’t worry about [name_m]Amias[/name_m] being unfamiliar to people, especially if you are calling him [name_m]Milo[/name_m] the majority of the time. All in all, it’s a very cool name! Go for it!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. More so than [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. But I am biased as [name_m]Amias[/name_m] is one of my favorites (as are [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], and [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]!). I don’t think you should be worried about [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] becoming too mainstream. Yes, it has made some lists for hipster names, but I haven’t met any [name_m]IRL[/name_m]. Have you?

As for [name_m]Amias[/name_m], I say uh-MY-us, and think that would make the most sense if you plan on calling him [name_m]Milo[/name_m]. Good luck!

I love [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]!

I’ve never liked [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] much. I dislike the sound. [name_m]Amias[/name_m] is handsome & I love the meaning also. I pronounce it uh-MY-us. [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] & [name_m]Amias[/name_m] seem well matched. I don’t think one or the other is more common. [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] may be a bit more heard of but it’s not common for children born in 2017. [name_m]Amias[/name_m] is uncommon but also has that same familiar feel. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] feels more mainstream than [name_m]Horatio[/name_m]. If you still wanted to use [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] you could have a less familiar name in the middle to balance everything out. Overall, I think [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] “[name_m]Milo[/name_m]” is great & prefer that to [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m].