Does this combo work?

I am looking for opinions on the combo [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. These two names are my absolute favourites and I am wondering if they work as a first and middle name combo. I can’t use [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as first name unfortunately.

So opinions?

Thanks.

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] could work but for me they feel and look too similar as a combo - sorry.

In my personally opinion they each sound too much like a stand alone name. They don’t flow well together. Partly because they’re both 2 syllables and starting with E

I think both of these names are gorgeous individually and I actually really like how they sound together. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though they both have “E” at the beginning, and share some letters, they feel very different to me and go very well together in my opinion.

I think it is perfect to be able to use your two favourite names! They may not flow as well as some other choices but they don’t grate for me and they are two beautiful names so I think you should use them. [name_f]IMO[/name_f], it is more important to choose what you love as we seldom use our middle names on a day-to-day basis as she will be known as [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] (last name).

I think they are too similar for a single name.
This night be one where you have to make a tough decision. I’m not sure how many children you intend to have, but also consider that you might be hard up for a sibling name if you use all of favorites right now.

I think they’re fine!

We named one of our kids with 2 alliterated names - at first we laughed it off and thought it sounded silly, but the more we said it the more we loved it, and it’s totally a non-issue. [name_f]Barely[/name_f] anyone calls the child both names, and when people do, they often smile and say how nice it is. The name meant a lot to us, and we love it.

Well, I don’t think they flow smoothly, because of the Es----e Es-e repetition, however, as a full name is very rarely said aloud, that can often be a non-issue. If you love both names, and using the full name on a daily basis isn’t a common thing where you live (as it is in Norway, for example) I think it could work well as a combo.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea: could [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (you could potentially call her [name_f]Esme[/name_f]…you say you can’t use [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as a first, but does that include an unofficial nickname?) be an option?

It could work, but they are quite similar.

As pretty as both of these names are, they don’t really work together imo.

For me, it’s not the repeating -Es so much as the rhythm. Estelle Esme. The stressed syllables are next to each other, which makes for awkward flow. Estelle Elaine, for example, would sound better to me, because the stressed syllables would not be together when you say them out loud.

If you want to use both names, what about [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]? That flows much better imo.

Thanks everyone. I have gone back to the drawing board.