Does this first name work with this surname?

So I love the name Wren. Like a lot. But out of interest do you think it works with the surname Redman. Wren Redman. It’s quite matchy but not as bad as Andrew Andrews or Thomas Thomas or anything like that. Is Wren Redman unusable or do you think it could just about work?

I think it’s not ideal (a little bit of a younger twister), but also not unusable. If it were me, I’d look into other first names, but wouldn’t rule out using [name_u]Wren[/name_u] if I couldn’t find another I liked as well.

Other names that feel similar and sound good with [name_m]Redman[/name_m] to my ear: [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorena[/name_f] (Wren could be a nickname), [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]

1 Like

Ooh, this is tricky. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is lovely! The tongue-twister-y-ness of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Redman[/name_m] does bother me, and if I’m being honest, I don’t think I’d go for it myself. That being said, I don’t think it’s unusable. I agree with you that it’s not as bad as something like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] Andrews. And I suspect I’d find the combination very memorable (in a nice way) if I heard it on a real person!

3 Likes

It’s too tongue-twisty for me and takes away from the name as a whole. Sorry.

2 Likes

Too similar for me, and would be a nightmare for a young child to pronounce.

1 Like

I do find it a bit tongue-twistery if I’m honest but it’s not the worst

1 Like

I don’t think it’s doable if I’m being honest, I find it too much of a tongue-twister and I think it would be especially difficult for a child.

1 Like

Too close for me

1 Like

I find it hard to say, sorry

1 Like

It isn’t unusable, but not ideal. I would use it as a middle name!

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it… it’s a bit tricky to say

1 Like

I think that sounds excellent! What a great name!! It’s not as easy as, say, Ella Redman, but it’s sooo cool! I’d love to be named Wren Redman.

1 Like