Does this first name work with this surname?

So I love the name [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. Like a lot. But out of interest do you think it works with the surname [name_m]Redman[/name_m]. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Redman[/name_m]. It’s quite matchy but not as bad as [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] Andrews or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or anything like that. Is [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Redman[/name_m] unusable or do you think it could just about work?

I think it’s not ideal (a little bit of a younger twister), but also not unusable. If it were me, I’d look into other first names, but wouldn’t rule out using [name_u]Wren[/name_u] if I couldn’t find another I liked as well.

Other names that feel similar and sound good with [name_m]Redman[/name_m] to my ear: [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorena[/name_f] (Wren could be a nickname), [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]

1 Like

Ooh, this is tricky. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is lovely! The tongue-twister-y-ness of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Redman[/name_m] does bother me, and if I’m being honest, I don’t think I’d go for it myself. That being said, I don’t think it’s unusable. I agree with you that it’s not as bad as something like [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] Andrews. And I suspect I’d find the combination very memorable (in a nice way) if I heard it on a real person!

3 Likes

It’s too tongue-twisty for me and takes away from the name as a whole. Sorry.

2 Likes

Too similar for me, and would be a nightmare for a young child to pronounce.

1 Like

I do find it a bit tongue-twistery if I’m honest but it’s not the worst

1 Like

I don’t think it’s doable if I’m being honest, I find it too much of a tongue-twister and I think it would be especially difficult for a child.

1 Like

Too close for me

1 Like

I find it hard to say, sorry

1 Like

It isn’t unusable, but not ideal. I would use it as a middle name!

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it… it’s a bit tricky to say

1 Like

I think that sounds excellent! What a great name!! It’s not as easy as, say, [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_m]Redman[/name_m], but it’s sooo cool! I’d love to be named [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Redman[/name_m].

1 Like