Does this mean I can't use the name"

I’m pregnant with my first child and am not going to find out the sex, so we have to pick a final potential boy and girl name.
If it’s a boy, my husband is adamant that it has to be [name]Saul[/name]. That was his beloved grandfather’s name. The girls’ name that I have fallen in love with is [name]Dahlia[/name]. However, I have two concerns about it.
1 - If we end up having a boy and a girl, they would be [name]Saul[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] - I think that the rhyming makes them sound pretty bad together.
2 - My name is [name]Leah[/name]. Is that wierd to name my daughter [name]Dahlia[/name]…which ends in [name]Leah[/name]?

Please tell me your honest opinions!

I pronounce those names differently…[name]Saul[/name] (Sall)) and [name]Dahlia[/name] ([name]Dal[/name]-ia, rather than doll-ia).

Not sure if that makes a difference.

I think the sound good together.

I don’t think they’re close enough to worry about… besides, they are two separate people with their own identities, not just a “sibset.” If those are the names you love, USE THEM. I never worried about my siblings’ names in relation to my own, and I think most kids won’t.

Oh, and no, the [name]Leah[/name] -lia thing is not weird. Go for it.

I don’t pronounce [name]Saul[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] to rhyme either. Saw-l and dah-l rather than doll. I don’t have any problem with your name being [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] ending in lia - not even really noticeable unless you plan to call her [name]Lia[/name]!

Maybe I’m saying one of these names wrong but they don’t rhyme to me! (and I also really like both!)

I say [name]Saul[/name] like saw with an L on the end, or rhyming with [name]Paul[/name].

I say [name]Dahlia[/name] like the [name]Darl[/name] in Darling. And know I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling your baby [name]Dahlia[/name] when your name is [name]Leah[/name]. For one, the two names are very different, and two, it’s actually a nice little connection between mother and daughter. Like my mum’s first name is [name]Lyn[/name] and my little sister is [name]Caitlyn[/name] :slight_smile:

Beautiful names, best of luck!

If you are from the US then [name]Saul[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] sound too close, especially if your name is [name]Leah[/name]. I would try for another girl name. Or is there any way to use [name]Saul[/name] as a MN and come up with a mutually loved FN for a boy?

Other girls names that remind me of [name]Dahlia[/name]: [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Layla[/name].