Does this name go with our family?

We are expecting baby3. Too early to know if baby will be a DD or DS. However, being a namenerd, we are already talking names!

We have:
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] & [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (rhymes with queen lol)

If we have a boy it is already set: [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

But if we have a girl I like either [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] or [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
However DH prefers [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] or [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

Of his two options I prefer [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] and even like it more than [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], but does it “go” with our older two? Am I overthinking this?

I discussed this at length with my mom. Lol.
We came to the conclusion that [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] is a really great choice and it goes with your other two just fine. We think that it’s the [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] that doesn’t quite fit. Obviously, it looks like you both already agreed on [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and that you like it, so if it’s just the [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] part that you’re worried about… I’d go for it. It works really nicely with [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f].

[name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] feels more in line with [name_m]Liam[/name_m] - slightly nicknamey but complete.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] feels Shakespearean and elegant like [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] however, would give you [name_f]Delia[/name_f] as a nickname too, so I think it would balance well between your two children and give both you and your husband the name (or nickname) you want.

[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] and [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] are very similar and so [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] might be a good compromise since you like it too.
Stylistically, I don’t think it matches perfectly with [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], but [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] are of different styles too, so I’m not sure it’s a huge deal if you love the name. It flows well with your kids and it ‘fits’ in the sense that it’s distinctive, a little offbeat but familiar like [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m]

I prefer [name_f]Delia[/name_f] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. The world is over-saturated with Kates and Katies.

As a pp said, [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] goes perfectly with [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], and nickname of [name_f]Delia[/name_f] goes perfectly with [name_m]Liam[/name_m]’s name.

I think you could make the same argument for [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] though, [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] goes well with [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], and nickname [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Kat[/name_f] would go well with [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

I think [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Delia[/name_f]” is the perfect name for you!
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] works too but the style is quite different from [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. Though I think they’d look more cohesive if you spelled it as [name_f]Caterina[/name_f] instead.

Between [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] and [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], I definitely prefer [name_f]Katerina[/name_f], and yes, I think it works with [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f].

I do really really like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] though, or [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]. I think they both work as well.

I actually think [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] is fabulous next to [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]. It also has some lovely nn options.

I think [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is lovely, and would work well with siblings [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]. I do think the [name_f]Caterina[/name_f] spelling looks a little nicer though – it’s softer, not as harsh as K, and fits better I think with the softer letters of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f].

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Delia[/name_f]” seems like a great option for you too. Personally I would like to see [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Delia[/name_f]” [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as an option.

[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] is lovely and goes great with your kids. I think [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] are different enough from each other that you don’t need a super specific style. All your options sound nice. Good luck.

I think any of those options work fine. I do really like [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] gets my vote! I will agree with pp that [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Katie[/name_f] are overused nn… but I recently just suggested in another post that [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] could have [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nn (not sure if you guys are interested in a nn though).

Congratulations on your third baby! [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] and [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] make a beautiful sibling set. They are all classic, timeless names. They definitely belong together. [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] is so pretty and feminine in its full length, but has so many great options for nicknames too. Some have already been mentioned, but there’s also [name_f]Katja[/name_f], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], [name_f]Erina[/name_f], [name_f]Rina[/name_f], and [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. I think it’s a really accessible name and it feels very warm and approachable all round.

[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is lovely though I like [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] a bit more. While the [name_m]French[/name_m] spelling is my preferred spelling for the name, altogether it feels quite long. The traditional spelling is more attractive to me here because it feels neater next your other children’s names and I like the repetition of the “a.”

All things said, it really comes down to how much you both love the names. I don’t think reason or analysis can really compete with what your heart feels. I hope to encourage you to go with what you want regardless of anyone else’s opinion!.

Katerina works! I had the hardest time picking a baby name for #3 that “went” with the other two. To be honest, her first name does & her middle name doesn’t (which is what we call her), but I don’t care anymore because it fits her. Best of luck, mama!

To me, your older two children’s names already feel very stylistically different (not a bad thing IMO, and they’re both lovely names) so I wouldn’t be too concerned about the fit. It sounds like you both prefer Katerina, which is a lovely choice. It definitely works.

I personally think Cordelia Vivienne nn Delia is adorable!
Katrina/Katerina Vivienne doesn’t sound right to me.