Does this name sound ''too ethnic'' ??

[name]Hi[/name] everyone…I am pregnant with my 5th baby, however it is my first with my husband. My four kids with my previous husband have an Irish last name as well as very Irish first and middle names. My husbands last name is Italian (Gattuso). I would really love to name our daughter [name]Grace[/name], so my question is does [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso sound very "italian’ ?? I love italian sounding names but want my baby’s name to ‘‘go’’ with my other kids as well. Opinions ??

Honestly, I think the last name Gattuso will make nearly every name sound at least a little Italian. [name]Grace[/name] doesn’t strike me as Italian at all, and I think [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso is beautiful! It does NOT sound “too ethnic” at all, in my opinion! [name]Lucia[/name] Gattuso or Raffaella Gattuso maybe, but [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso – no.

[name]Hi[/name] - I agree with the pp…[name]Grace[/name] is definitely not “ethnic”…in fact, my husband’s family is Irish, and there a lot of [name]Grace[/name]'s in the family tree. I think [name]Grace[/name] is a beautiful name that can be used with a lot of last names, and also goes well with almost any sibling name. :slight_smile:

Thank you…and i don’t mean to sound as if I don’t like Italian sounding names…I do!! I just want to make sure that my new baby’s name sounds nice alongside her brother [name]Connor[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] O’[name]Neill[/name]!! :slight_smile:

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] go very well together! (I have a [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]!)

So maybe [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] Gattuso it will be!! [name]Lillian[/name] is my late grandmother’s name… It is either that or [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso

I don’t think [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso sounds “too ethnic” at all. Now if you were naming her [name]Giulia[/name] Gattuso that might be a different story…

Definitely go with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]. There are waaaay too many [name]Lily[/name] names out there right now.

I agree with the other posters. Beautiful name.

I agree with pp’s- [name]Grace[/name] isn’t an Italian name. [name]Grazia[/name] is Italian. [name]Grace[/name] Gattuso is beautiful!