Does this name work?

What do you think of the name [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name]? Does it sound too matchy or is it OK? Also, do you think the name is getting more or less popular than it was a couple years ago? Has it reached its peak?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I think [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is a great combination, both for flow and the fact that the classic [name]Oliver[/name] pairs nicely with the more unusual, literary [name]Tristan[/name]. The double -n ending of [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name] doesn’t bother me, as I doubt both first and last will be used most of the time. I also like that [name]Tristan[/name] is so phonetic, as I think it balances out the more difficult [name]Nguyen[/name].

Personally, I haven’t noticed the popularity of [name]Tristan[/name] increasing in recent years.

[name]Auburn[/name]

Grat name! I really like all of it.

I do wonder if [name]Tristan[/name] is getting more popular, but I don’t have hard evidence. [name]Just[/name] a hunch…

I checked for you, and according to chart on site, [name]Tristan[/name] has stayed at the same level of popularity since the turn of the century. It looks like a top 100 name, but not in the top 50.

Sorry I didn’t see these replies!

So any other opinions on whether [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Nguyen[/name] is too singy-songy or matchy to use? Is the ending too similar? the -an and -en?

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s a name we are strongly considering but I am a lot pickier on flow when it comes to boys so any feedback is greatly appreciated!

[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is a wonderful combination for a boys name. I wouldn’t worry about popularity as I don’t think it will climb too much. I wouldn’t hesitate over the endings either as there is enough of a sound difference (eg. [name]Tristan[/name] has an “en” and [name]Nguyen[/name] has an “in”). Great choice!

[name]Just[/name] a question: You and your husband have decided not to go with relative names of [name]Van[/name] or Bon?