Does this sound okay out loud?

I love the girl name [name]Lyra[/name] (Lie-ra). My last name is [name]Reilly[/name]. Is [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] too much of a mouthful? I just love it…but I’m not sure if it’s too many ‘r’ sounds too close together.

I also love [name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Reilly[/name].

Thanks in advance!

[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] is a mouthful. Also, I went to school with a girl who pronounced it LEER-a. She could be in the minority, of course,

Hmmm…I think it might be a little bit of a mouthful too, especially when you see [name]Reilly[/name], people may be tempted to pronounce the name [name]LEE[/name]-[name]RA[/name] instead of LIE-[name]RA[/name].
[name]Bronwyn[/name] is nice :slight_smile:

It is akward to say out loud. Doesn’t look like it should be, fairly short first and last names but together [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Reilly[/name] is a mouthful and somewhat tounge twisty. Sorry I don’t have any alternative names to suggest for you, other than [name]Lydia[/name].

[name]Lyra[/name] is a nice name, but I do think that it sounds a bit of a mouthful with [name]Reilly[/name]. [name]Bronwyn[/name]/[name]Bronwen[/name]'s lovely, though! (In [name]Wales[/name], the girl’s spelling is [name]Bronwen[/name].) :slight_smile:

I would agree with everyone else who has posted so far. With your last name, I think [name]Bronwyn[/name] is a better choice.

Ditto! :slight_smile:

Good luck!