Does this work as a name?

trying to find honor names for a family member named R09er. came across the name [name_m]Chip[/name_m] which has significance and a connection to the family member. does chip work as a name? can a kid grow into that name or is it too nicknamey? how does chip fit with lois and george? do you have any other honor names for R09er.

1 Like

Hmm I’m not sure how I feel about [name_m]Chip[/name_m] as a full name personally, but I don’t think it’s unusable. Maybe you might like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_u]Charles[/name_u] with nickname [name_m]Chip[/name_m]?

3 Likes

I think [name_m]Chip[/name_m] definitely works as a name. I’m more familiar with it as a nickname for [name_u]Charles[/name_u] or [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], but I can see it as a full name as well. It fits well with [name_f]Lois[/name_f] and [name_u]George[/name_u]. [name_u]Hodge[/name_u] is another idea as an honor (medieval diminutive of R09er) although it’s rather close to [name_u]George[/name_u].

1 Like

i think it works! i actually know a man in his 20s with the full name Chip. i prefer it as a nn for Charles or Christopher, like other posters said, but i do think it can stand on its own

other ideas:
Rowan
Roman
Robin
Romilly

via meaning:
Dustin
Duncan
Evander
Elvar
Kane
Koa
Lewis / Louis
Marceau
Marcellus
Oscar
Owen
Sacha

1 Like

i’ve been crushing on the name louie lately…i see louis/louie and roger have similar meanings. does louie work as an honor name and can it work for an adult? not as much of a fan as louis so does louie work as a stand-alone name?

1 Like

Louie is more established as a stand-alone name, so i think it can work on an adult! and it totally works as an honor for R0ger

I think [name_m]Chip[/name_m] works!! [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] “Chip” could work -has the same ending as Ro9er too!

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] came to mind!

[name_u]Louie[/name_u] is nice too, but it does look similar to [name_f]Lois[/name_f] to me

I like [name_m]Chip[/name_m]. It makes me think of [name_m]Chip[/name_m] [name_m]Ingram[/name_m].

edit: this is related to a different honor name, louie.
that’s what i was worried about…written it looks very similar to lois but does it sound too similar?

1 Like

I think [name_m]Chip[/name_m], short for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] or [name_u]Charles[/name_u] works

I don’t think it sounds too similar :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Charles[/name_u] pairs so well with [name_u]George[/name_u] as a brother. I would use [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and nickname him [name_m]Chip[/name_m].

[name_m]Roger[/name_m] could make a great middle name. Then, I feel, you have honored him using [name_m]Roger[/name_m] as a middle name and you could call him whatever name you want.

[name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Roger[/name_m] does sound great together though.

1 Like