does this work with our ln?

Me again. Only 4 weeks to go! So dh and I are still in love with the name [name]Duncan[/name], and I’m still waffling about how it sounds with our ln (pronounced with a short “e” like REMM-iss). I guess it’s not bad, but it certainly doesn’t have a particularly nice flow to it, in my opinion. I’d love to have something that sounded better with our ln, but I feel like we’ve tried out a gazillion names and just don’t like any others this much. What do you think? Is it okay? Would you keep looking?

I think it sounds fine. A name doesn’t have to have perfect flow. The most important thing should be how much you both love it and if it has meaning for you, not if the name has perfect flow.

Besides, [name]Duncan[/name] is such a great name with so much history and [name]Duncan[/name] REMM-iss sounds fine! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Duncan[/name] sounds fine with your last name. It IS a great name and, especially if you’ve explored lots of other options, I don’t think there’s any reason for you to look further.

That said, the problem you’re having may be due to the 2-2 rhythm – in general, 1-2 or 3-2 feels more melodic. But all three of my kids are (not deliberately) 2-2s and it certainly isn’t what you’d call a problem.

If you were deciding among [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Drew[/name], and [name]Duncan[/name], I might advocate for [name]Dominic[/name] or [name]Drew[/name] on the basis of the syllable thing, but I don’t think they’re better names than [name]Duncan[/name] and ultimately that’s the more important factor.

I think the syllable things is what’s bothering me-- especially since we’re using a 2-syllable family name in the middle. We’ve kept throwing [name]Theodore[/name] in as an option, and I think it sounds better (both with mn and ln), but we just don’t love it.

I think it’s fine. I’m not a huge fan of the 2-2-2 flow but I think [name]Duncan[/name] REMM-iss sounds fine. I actually like it better than the examples/other options given, like [name]Drew[/name] REMM-iss, [name]Dominic[/name] REMM-iss, and [name]Theodore[/name] REMM-iss.

[name]Duncan[/name] is just fine with your ln! Very handsome, imo.

I love it! I think it will go fine with your last name. If you love the name, go for it! His full name won’t be said that often anyway.

I think it is a great name as well.