Does this work?

Hello Berries, I’d love some unbiased opinions.

I’ve had this combination swirling around in my brain for months, and I can’t tell if it’s fine or if it sounds ridiculous. Blame exhaustion, blame over-analyzing everything, but I don’t know if it sounds alright it not!

The thing is, my husband would love to use [name_m]Robert[/name_m] as a mn if we ever have a son. His dad’s name was [name_m]Robert[/name_m], and he passed away when he was little, so it means a lot to him.

The other thing is, our favourite boys’ name is [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]? Alright? Or too much R, too much [name_f]Ro[/name_f], no way, yuck?!

The full combination would be [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]. I know I could rearrange as [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m], but I don’t love the flow. Another option is using [name_m]Edward[/name_m], which was my husband’s dad’s mn, but it’s not nearly as meaningful. Or, we could always find another boys’ name we like.

So…
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]?
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]?
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]?
_____ [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]?

For the record, I’m not currently pregnant. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thinking ahead to baby #2. Thanks everyone!

I think it’s fine actually, especially once you add [name_m]Keith[/name_m] into the mix. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] alone is perhaps a repetitive, but with a second middle in there it makes for a snappy start to the combo.

I do like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] too.

The “ro” in the names have different pronunciations so it doesn’t sound repetitive. I like the alliteration and the sound of the names together. Is [name_m]Keith[/name_m] a random name?

I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] is absolutely fine!

To me, it seems very similar to your daughter’s name. Jane Ada Katherine repeats the long A sound and then repeats the short A sound, with a one-two-three syllable pattern. Rory Robert Keith has the same sort of repetition, repeating the RO, once with a short O and once with a long O, with a two-two-one rhythm to the syllables. Both would have a K for their second middle. I think it sounds fine and I love that it honors his grandfather. In this case, I don’t think sound or rhythm detracts, and meaningfulness adds a great deal. I’d say don’t be afraid to use it.

@katinka - Thanks! I guess I just needed some reassurance that it DOES sound alright, and that I’m NOT crazy!

@autumnreverie - I like the alliteration too! And you’re right, the "[name_f]Ro[/name_f]"s are pronounced differently. I guess I should have mentioned that [name_m]Keith[/name_m] is my own father’s name, which I’m completely set on using. I know it’s not a popular name, but I actually love it.

Why not name him [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and use [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as the nickname?

It’s a bit too much ro- for me. Could you use [name_m]Robert[/name_m] as a first name and call him [name_u]Rory[/name_u]?

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] sounds cool. I like the repetition actually - it sounds interesting and fun, but not in a cutesy or irritating way.
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is nice too.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] would flow the best. Or [name_u]Robbie[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] would be cute.

I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] is lovely. I personally think meaning and personal significance trump the perfect flow. Your baby will rarely, if ever, be called by all three of those names. He will be called [name_u]Rory[/name_u] 99% of the time.