Dog Momberries

What with the current state of the world, I’m finding myself spending much more time with my beloved dog! So I thought it would be fun to create a thread where we could discuss the goings-on with our dogs.

I’ll start:

I have a goldendoodle who will be two years old in three weeks. Her name is [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. She’s quite naughty, scared of everything, and incredibly funny. Right now our biggest training hurdle is to get her to stop jumping the fence and dashing out open doors. I do think we’re making progress, though, and that’s all that matters.

This is a fun idea :slight_smile: [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is such a cute name and hopefully training goes well!

I’ve got two dogs called [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] Bobs and [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]. [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is an eight year old toy poodle x Lhasa apso and [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] is a five year old Lhasa apso. They love to bark at anything and everything and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]'s biggest love in life is food, which he constantly steals from [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. As they’re only small and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] has arthritis, they’re not too bothered about having to stay inside and are happy with running around the garden.

I can’t wait to read about more dogs!

I like this idea!
My dog is a chocolate lab mix, [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. (Full name [name_f]Clemency[/name_f]:)) She’s about 2, just a guess as she was a rescue.
@jonquils your description of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] reminded me of [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]! She’s also naughty sometimes (although much better than she used to be!) and silly and very scared of thunder and fireworks and other loud noises. My biggest challenge with her is her reactivity (barking/lunging) to other dogs, bikes, etc. It’s so embarrassing sometimes.
I’ve worked at a vet clinic before so [name_m]Ive[/name_m] met a lot of dogs, but she’s my long-awaited first dog and I’ve loved getting to know her personality so well and all her little quirks!

I love it! I’m completely head over heals in love with my dog, so any chance I have to talk about her is great fun.

My sweet baby girl is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Dh wanted to name her [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], & was on board. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] wasn’t even on my radar of names, but when I met her at the shelter as a five month old puppy she just looked like a [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. She’s a 3/4 black & 1/4 white (estimation) Pit Bull Boarder [name_f]Collie[/name_f] mix. Fast forward eight years later, and as stated above, she’s the love of my life. I’m quite fond of the cats too, but we’ll focus on [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] for this thread. She’s incredibly bright aware of everything. She doesn’t miss a beat. We basically have to spell everything around her. And if my husband or I show any sign of being upset or frustration, any very small sign, she climbs up on you & looks in your eyes with lots and lots of love. She’s very spoiled & we go on two ‘car rides’ to the park a day to go for walks. And when you ask her if she wants to go on a car ride, she howls & does a happy dance.

She’s very well trained with lots of tricks & walks very nicely on a leash. She’s not perfect though. Generally when anyone walks by the house (especially if they have dogs), she loses her mind in a crazy barking fit. And if the trash truck drives by, you’d think that we were under attack.

In the real world I work as a nanny part time & spend the rest of my time taking care of the house & the spoiled dog. My husband, however, usually works at an office & has been home the past few weeks. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] would get upset every morning when he tells her that he has to ‘go bye bye’. I think that she is throughly enjoying having her daddy work from home.

Yes! I’m glad this thread was started! We recently brought home a black lab/anatolian shepherd mix puppy. Her name is [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] :slight_smile: Our puppy is only about 9.5 weeks old so she is still just starting her training, but she does ok on a leash, has few accidents, and is doing well with simple commands (sit, come). We are working on lay down! She actually does sit/stay pretty well. She is very nippy and jumpy though which kind of freaks my toddler out so I’m teaching him to stand his ground around her and say “no biting! Down, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]!” When she sleeps he likes to lay next to/on top of her. Ha! Overall he is happy to have a puppy and likes to talk about his doggy and help take her for walks :slight_smile: I will have to try and get a good picture of her!

@jonquils oh, goldendoodles are so handsome!!
@amazing_grace [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is such a great dog name!

This is fun! My dog is just under a year old, a shepherd mix, and her name is [name_m]Barkley[/name_m] (after Saquon, my dad is a huge football fan). We’re still working on her having boundaries (she likes to climb around and sit on people) but she’s really cuddly and loves to meet people and other dogs. She’s also a coward (her current fear is garbage cans). I’ll try and figure out how to post a picture later.

I have an Airedale terrier named Maya Kalani (we got her during my Dance Moms phase - can you tell?) She’s two years old, and deathly afraid of loud noises - especially fireworks. She requires a lot of exercise, and goes stir-crazy unless she doesn’t go on at least two hour-long walks.

@jonquils Good luck with training! Lila June is an adorable name : )
@michellem The name Fiona Beatrix is really pretty!

An update on Miss Lila June:

She’s two years old! I can’t believe it! I was hoping that she might magically mature overnight, but alas, she is still a crazy, rambunctious young dog. We go on at least one twenty minute walk a day, and then we do lots of training and outside playtime, too. She’s a dear.

Can we change the thread name to dog and cat if possible? I don’t have a dog (would love one, but we both work full time) but do have two cats! :slight_smile: