dog names

I felt sick this morning when I was at the library with my kiddos and I saw prominently displayed a book with a pictured of a dog on it entitled [name]Stella[/name], Unleashed. [name]Stella[/name] is one of our top choices for a girl and one of the selling points over [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] is that [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Gracie[/name] are so commonly used on dogs. But, it looks like [name]Stella[/name] isn’t safe either. DH thought maybe it’s just the nature of girl names but our other daughters are [name]Clare[/name] and [name]Katharine[/name] and I never hear those used on dogs!

If it makes you feel any better, back in the 80’s when my brother [name]Max[/name] was born it was much more common for dogs than people but a few years later it really took off. I hear [name]Stella[/name] and 100% think person, not dog!

I’ve known multiple dogs named [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name], and it doesn’t seem to be hurting those names. I don’t think this is even a problem worth worrying over.

I guess not. I do have a friend with a 7 year old named [name]Lucy[/name] and she says that she frequently hears, “I have a dog named [name]Lucy[/name].” She finds it annoying as if her having a daughter named [name]Lucy[/name] and them having a pet named [name]Lucy[/name] gives them something in common.

I don’t think it should be too much of an issue. I mean there are millions of dog names out there and there will almost always be dog out there somewhere what you named your child. You just were unlucky enough to find a book in which the author liked the name [name]Stella[/name] and decided it would be alright on a dog.

[name]Stella[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Molly[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Olive[/name], Mitsy [name]Suki[/name], [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Jerry[/name], [name]Marvin[/name] & [name]Max[/name] & [name]Jack[/name] are all names I’ve heard on dogs & could imagine on a kid.

My husband’s name is [name]Max[/name] and we do hear it on dogs CONSTANTLY, but I think he has a great name so I don’t mind! I don’t think any of these names are just for pets really, but I think especially [name]Lucy[/name] is in the same category as [name]Max[/name]…you just have to be ready to meet more dog Lucys than human ones!