Dollhouse names

I’m writing a short story about a seemingly normal family, where strange and disturbing things keep happening until you finally learn that they are dolls being manipulated by a little girl.

I need doll names; frilly, girly names that a little girl might name her toys. I originally thought of [name_f]Lily[/name_f], but I’m naming the girl [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f], so that one’s out. I briefly considered [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but it’s very meh.
I need both girls’ and boys’ names, so please offer both. The doll characters are simple, somewhat cliched; what a small child would come up with. Any help is appreciated.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_m]Erik[/name_m], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m]. Sorry it it’s not what you’re looking for, these are just some names I consider of frilly type.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], [name_f]Francine[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] are what I think of for frilly, but they may be too long.

Shorter ones: [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], [name_m]Dave[/name_m], [name_m]Sean[/name_m], [name_m]Tim[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_m]Kevin[/name_m]

[name_f]Missy[/name_f], [name_f]Kathy[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f], [name_u]Freddy[/name_u], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_m]Ned[/name_m]

My rabbit dolls were names [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].
Other ideas:
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Letitia[/name_f], [name_f]Catrina[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] little is the girl? Are we talking four-year-old? Ten? A young child would pick names that weren’t names at all. Dragon. [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_m]Hopper[/name_m]. [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] Sparkles. Bumblebee Flyer. Stuff like that. Any parent who ever asked their little one for ideas on baby names for a younger sibling could list some really funny names young children come up with. A combination of fun words or characters from books/movies they’ve seen. Superman. [name_f]Dora[/name_f]. I don’t know what kids watch anymore. Maybe some flower-faerie type names. [name_f]Buttercup[/name_f]. Twinkleshine. Starbright.

I remember some of the names I loved when I was 8-12, if that’s more the range of your characters age. [name_f]Twyla[/name_f]. [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]. Devony. Stormshadow. Haha, okay, so I was still in the mixing fun words stage. My point is, think about it from the perspective of your character. [name_m]How[/name_m] old is she? What does she read? Watch? What year is it? What names or words would be part of her vernacular?

@redrobin: I like [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] off of your list, thanks.
@mbrow222: The long ones are a tad too complex, I’m afraid; I’m not looking for frilly so much as simple and girlish. I’m liking [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_m]Tim[/name_m] and [name_m]Kevin[/name_m].
@rkrd: I like your boys’ options, especially [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] and [name_m]Ned[/name_m].
@grackym: Maybe not [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], but [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f]? Your others are a bit too much for me I’m afraid but I like nicknames or variations of them: [name_u]Tally[/name_u], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Cat[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].
@redwoodfey: She’s roughly in the 6-8 range. It’s not specified, for she only appears at the very end of the story. You’re really supposed to guess who or what the main characters (the dolls) are before it’s revealed; for this reason, I’m trying to stay away from names like [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_m]Hopper[/name_m], as I think most readers would have difficulty believing Mrs. and Mr. [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] Sparkles were ordinary people. When I mentioned [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], I hoped to convey the style of names that I wanted: simple, girly, well-known, something she might see in a picture book, or a classmate at school.

Thanks for all your help, keep the ideas coming!

This is the ticket really. So, names that were in the top 100 eight years ago are the names she’d be sharing a class with. Ten random names of each gender for 2005:

Kayla, Isabelle, Emma, Lucy, Erin, Layla, Gracie, Marissa, Madison, Mia.

Caleb, Evan, Hayden, Isaac, Cooper, Blake, Drew, Garrett, Aidan, Ethan.

Cute [name_u]Story[/name_u]!

[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_u]Darrell[/name_u]
[name_m]Marvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Sly[/name_m] ([name_m]Sylvester[/name_m])
[name_m]Everette[/name_m]

These sound like mysterious dolls to me!

Names my sister and I used for our baby dolls:

[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Susie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]

When we started playing with Barbies the names got gradually frillier as the years went on: [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]. [name_m]Male[/name_m] names stayed pretty simple: [name_m]Bob[/name_m], [name_u]Andy[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Brian[/name_m]. (We didn’t have many boy dolls. I am still a bit bitter about how this restricted our storytelling.)

My ten year old sister’s favorite names are [name_f]Merida[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], [name_f]Pauline[/name_f], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. From when I was five to when I was eight I was obsessed with the name was Scott. Our dog’s name was Scott and I still insisted we should name my little sister Scott.

I like the girl name [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] (also spelled [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]). It’s whimsical and pretty, and sounds like daisy.
I also like Tahti for a girl as well.

I had a weird obsession with Cabbage Patch Kids when I was five or six (like, seriously. I had six or seven of them). They all came with birth certificates, so they were already named. I had a [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], and [name_f]Maddie[/name_f]. So maybe that helps a bit. For boys names, try looking for more vintage names. They tend to sound frilly. I mainly used [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m].