…that there was a popularity list for middle names? Then people would actually be able to see how popular their favorite middles really are. This probably won’t happen, I’m just saying, because
- There’s not much reason to do it
- The list would have to stop after about ten names.
([name]Just[/name] laying out the arguments before you tell them to me. I know it won’t happen; I’m just speculating about it!)
I think it would be kind of fun to GUESS what a middle name list would look like, though. Here’s mine:
- [name]James[/name] (by a mile)
- [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Grace[/name] will probably beat her soon, though)
- [name]Marie[/name] (I wasn’t sure about whether [name]Elizabeth[/name] should be before [name]Marie[/name]…)
I think seeing an actual list would be kind of amazing, because the numbers would be so large for the popular ones, but there would be so few names in all on the list. [name]Just[/name] goes to show how condensed trends can be.
I also wonder where having two middles would fit in…and what about older middle names, like [name]Ann[/name], [name]Sue[/name], [name]Rae[/name], [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Lee[/name], and [name]Lynn[/name]?
What do you think of this topic?