Dorothea

What do you think of it? I would call her [name]Thea[/name].

Middle names?

[name]Mara[/name]? [name]Louise[/name]? [name]Emily[/name]?

I like [name]Dorothea[/name].

Since it ends with two vowel sounds in a row, I would use a middle name that starts with a consonant. I have trouble saying [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Emily[/name] without dropping a vowel; it tends to come out as either [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Dorothea[/name] Milly.

I like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Louise[/name] best of your combos. [name]Thea[/name] is cute, but the nickname I love best for it is [name]Dot[/name] or [name]Dottie[/name]. It is a beautiful name! Wish I could get my husband on board with the Italian version–[name]Dorotea[/name]! Good luck!

I love [name]Thea[/name]. I think [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Louise[/name] sounds the best of the three.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: Definitely heading straight up my list :slight_smile:
[name]Dorothea[/name] is after my grandmother [name]Dorothy[/name].

[name]Dorothea[/name] is great. [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Louise[/name] has the best flow, but I generally prefer [name]Emily[/name] so I kind of like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Emily[/name] too. Good luck!

I adore [name]Dorothea[/name], it’s so sweet and timeless. I think [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is gorgeous!

Very interesting [name]Lori[/name] thanks :slight_smile: Personally not too keen on [name]Kay[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any other middle name suggestions? I tend to stick to family/honour names in the middle but as [name]Dorothea[/name] is an honour name then I am not as fussed. [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is appealing as it used my middle name.

I like [name]Dorothea[/name] a lot, and I agree that [name]Louise[/name] is the best of the three options! Very pretty. Other middle name ideas:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Thanks guys - the lack of surname to play with (I’m not married! And am not planning on having kids just yet) always frustrates me as I have nothing to play off!

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is cute :slight_smile: But I still love [name]Dorothea[/name].

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] - too much??
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I love [name]Jane[/name] but it seems lacking with [name]Dorothea[/name].

any other ideas would be great! hoping future hubby may have some good family middle names for girls - I have lots for boys but hardly any for girls!

I find the link between [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] hard to say. Possibly due to the hard ‘th’ sound at in dorothea and then the [name]EL[/name] in eloise?

If it was a choice between [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] I would choose [name]Dorothea[/name]. Why not just call her [name]Thea[/name] it is much less imposing.

I’m a big fan of long names tbh! ([name]Henrietta[/name], [name]Edwina[/name] etc). Also I love [name]Thea[/name] on it’s own - but then lose the family connection.
I may be wrong be I don’t think thea and any of my family middle names works very well?

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Lucina[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Jennifer[/name]