Double First Names for Martha or Sarah?

We are TTC and are listing out our favorite name combinations and we are most certainly looking for ideas as well. The two first names that we love are [name]Martha[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]. We are not big fans of using a hyphen, but we like the flow of a double first name.

Some of the combination double first names that we are considering for the name [name]Sarah[/name]:

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]

Some of the name combinations that we are considering for [name]Martha[/name]:

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]

We seem to overlap with second names sound best with which first names.

Also, should we use both as sibling set sometime in the future which might work best together?

Can anyone share opinions on these and add any great suggestions?

Thanks!

It’s funny that you have [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lauren[/name], as my twin sister and I are [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name]. However, I think that double names sound best when the second name is one syllable or three syllables, but in your case, one syllable.

I think [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] would make a cute set of names for siblings, and I would choose [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Clare[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] [name]Jane[/name], personally. If you want something longer, perhaps try [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name] seems dated, as I believe this combination was popular in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Best wishes!

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that double names are very pretty…

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]: Because the beginnings of [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] rhymes, [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds a bit sing-songy to me… (I love [name]Claire[/name], though!)

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: I love [name]Kate[/name], but [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name] reminds me of “suffocate” and “serrate.” (I’m sorry!) :frowning:

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]: I think [name]Meredith[/name] is a great name, but like [name]Claire[/name], it’s first syllable rhymes with [name]Sarah[/name]'s (Sare/[name]Mare[/name]).

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]: I think it flows well, but I think of [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] college.

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]: Because [name]Sarah[/name] ends with an A and [name]Aubrey[/name] begins with one, I have to pause between the names when saying them out loud.

You may also like:

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I know a lovely [name]Sara[/name] [name]Jane[/name])
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: I think this works, but somethings sounds off to me with [name]Kate[/name] in the middle. (I love [name]Kate[/name] so much, but it seems to attach itself to the first name, like Marthakate.)

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Claire[/name]: I think this works better than [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]: The names are too different in style to me to be paired together. ([name]Martha[/name] feels very proper and vintage, and [name]Lauren[/name] feels modern and on the trendy side…)

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]: It’s the back-to-back A issue for me, but that’s just me. :slight_smile: (The styles of both names are very different, so I can better see [name]Martha[/name] with something classic/traditional, like [name]Claire[/name].)

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Grace[/name] is very popular, though)
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I can definitely see [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] as sisters, and think they’re great names. :slight_smile:

Other names you may like:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I wanted to add an addendum to my previous post after reading [name]Jill[/name]'s commentary. For me, the rhyming of [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Clare[/name] doesn’t bother me, but I do see how it could be a bit cutesy and hard to take serious for an adult woman. I really like [name]Martha[/name] [name]Jane[/name], though, or even [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. You may like these…

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Cate[/name] (I prefer this spelling to [name]Kate[/name], personally)
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Gail[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Martha[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Tess[/name]

Good luck!

So I have some potentially irrelevant comments about double names…sorry!

1. I know a girl named [name]Martha[/name] [name]Gail[/name], though she goes by [name]Molly[/name]. I love [name]Martha[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]!

2. There was also a girl in my middle school named [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name], and it went nicely with her personality. Very sporty and student council-y.

3. I know a family of really pretty, lovely French girls with the double names: [name]Laure[/name]-He’lene (Everyone says it like Lauralen) [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Cecile[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]-[name]Marie[/name].

I know of an [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Cecilia[/name]. :slight_smile: