Double middle name - hyphenate or not?

See the results of this poll: Ann Rose or Ann-Rose?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Ann Rose : 15 (83%)
  • Ann-Rose : 2 (11%)
  • Other (please comment): 1 (6%)

If you were going to use [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for the middle name only I doubt it would be a problem, even if its your cousins first name.
I think its lovely.

Other options. Not sure how firm you are on [name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f] but what about using [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] too.
Or [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Maryanne[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Annalee[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

I agree with her. Basically what I was thinking

[name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] feels a bit abrupt, but perhaps it works with your chosen first name. Can I be nosey and ask what that is?

In answer to your question, I prefer it without the hyphenation. I second the suggestion of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (sweeet!), and I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] too! Would it really be such a problem if your daughter’s middle also happened to be your cousin’s name?

I prefer without a hyphen. [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely.

I don’t think you could go wrong either way. I do think it looks better without the hyphen, as I usually see hyphens in names as cluttering and juvenile.

I would still consider [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] if you’re using it as a middle name instead of a first. I love the previous suggestion of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. No hyphen needed.

Why not Annarose? Or even [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], since you said that is your real preference. The whole point is that it’s a family name, so a cousin having the name should not be a deterrent, especially since you’re making it a middle - I’m actually named after a cousin! Besides, [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are not really different enough justify using one and not the other out of concern for similarity to a cousin.