Double Middle Names

Ok, thanks to everyone who helped me in my last post. I feel more confident in our top choices, and now I’m looking at middle names. I like the idea of double middle names, with the first mn for family (either a family name or honoring a family member in some way) and the second mn as a place for some of our more off-the-wall, unusual names that are special to us.

Here’s what I’ve come up with:

Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] Ahimsa (too many syllables?)
Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] (too much L?)

Our second-choice name is harder to get to fit the pattern for some reason:
Corellia [name]Ada[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] (two family names)
Corellia Solace Ahimsa (two unusual names)
Corellia [name]Evelyn[/name] Ahimsa
Corellia Minaret [name]Matilde[/name]
Corellia [name]Ada[/name] Minaret

[name]Salem[/name] Luthier [name]Amadei[/name]
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Amadei[/name]
[name]Salem[/name] Luthier [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Salem[/name] Luthier [name]Lore[/name]
[name]Salem[/name] [name]Lore[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (Last name starts with S, though)

[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name] [name]Amadei[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Haven[/name] [name]Lore[/name] (this order sounds better to me, although it breaks the pattern)
[name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Will[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]

Any thoughts? Does the S last name (similar to SunDELL) cause problems with the names that end in S? Is there a position where it doesn’t matter as much? We both really love [name]Lazarus[/name] and don’t want to give it up.

Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] already has a lot of syllables so I don’t care for Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] Ahimsa,although Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] is okay. [name]Do[/name] you have a one syllable name you like to honor? What about Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eve[/name] or Miralai [name]Eve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The [name]Eve[/name] from [name]Evelyn[/name] or Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lyn[/name] (the [name]Lyn[/name] from [name]Evelyn[/name]).

I like Corellia [name]Ada[/name] Minaret, [name]Salem[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Alistair[/name], & [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name] [name]Amadei[/name] the best out of your choices.

I don’t get tongue tied when I say [name]Lazarus[/name] Sundell so I think it is fine.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help, Millikate! Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is a definite possibility. We are also considering Miralai [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ada[/name]. It’s an extra syllable, but only three letters, and then both middle names would be honoring family members. I just wish we could get that Ahimsa in somewhere! But there’s nothing I can do when it’s too many syllables.

I’m currently loving [name]Salem[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name] together: might switch the order to [name]Salem[/name] [name]Alistair[/name] [name]Elias[/name]. And I agree that [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Lore[/name] [name]Amadei[/name] is very nice.

On another note, I found out something that makes [name]Salem[/name] even more special: I’d always known that parts of my family had lived in [name]Salem[/name], Oregon, but my mother recently told me that my grandmother was born there! That’s like the icing on the cake, because now the name will be honoring her as well - which is great, because I would never saddle a child with either of her names: [name]Theda[/name] [name]Velva[/name]. :wink: