Double middle names

How do you make a double middle name combo work? What is most important to you in a double middle name and what criteria do you follow (syllable count, flow etc.) ?

I don’t usually use double middles but when I do, flow and meaning/significance count most to me. I’m most likely to do it if it’s an honor name combo (for instance, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u] is a family name and a potential double middle I’d use) or a double name (e.g. Anna-Rose, Mary-Beth, etc.). Ultimately though I think anything goes as long as it works for you, any co-parents, and your child. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately, I’m still a teen, and far from having kids.

1 Like

I like double middles that flow well more than anything. I don’t particurally care for syllable count, number of letters, etc. I am a teen that is not having children anytime soon as well.

2 Likes

I mostly go by flow or just the general vibe! I make all my combos with my last name in mind too so I know it’ll sound decent with a surname (my last name is a super uncommon Spanish word that doesn’t sound very good with a lot of things so I figure if I can pull it off with my name it can work for most things)

2 Likes

I usually put a first name with one middle name that I love and would love to use and then either wait until another name from my list feels right or I’ll go looking for interesting family names and see if something appeals to me there.
When making combos, I do consider flow, however, if I were to name a baby, meaning would matter a lot more. Still, there needs to be something magical about the name for me; something that, if I were to see it in the Namberry birth announcement forum, I would be impressed by not because the name is oh-so different or flows really well but because it has that special something that makes it just a little bit different to what I’d expect to see (though this is super subjective of course).
Not all combos on my own list even fulfil this criteria, but then I also wouldn’t actually use all the combos on my list.

1 Like