Douglas vs Eric

I have my top 2 boys names and just can’t pick between them. Here they are:
[name]Douglas[/name] [name]William[/name] Churchyard
[name]Eric[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] Churchyard

So which is your favourite and why?

Thanks, [name]Eli[/name]

I like both names a lot. I think I’d vote for [name]Douglas[/name] because I like it better with your last name.

Definitely [name]Eric[/name]. Otherwise you end up with [name]Doug[/name] Churchyard. [name]Even[/name] if you don’t call him by this nickname someone will and it sounds like he’s been grave-robbing. Yikes. My husband is [name]Eric[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]-that’s why your post caught my eye. I think that’s strong and really nice and then you could get both names in without the obvious straight off the bat pitfall of [name]Doug[/name]. Finally I prefer the [name]William[/name] middle to [name]Arthur[/name] but that’s just my opinion. [name]Eric[/name] [name]William[/name] Churchyard? Good luck! Boy names are so hard!

Thankyou! I do like [name]Eric[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] Churchyard and [name]Eric[/name] [name]William[/name] Churchyard (and [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] for that matter!). It is a good point about [name]Doug[/name] Churchyard - haha! Hadn’t noticed that one! So…
[name]Eric[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] Churchyard, [name]Eric[/name] [name]William[/name] Churchyard, [name]Eric[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] Churchyard or [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] Churchyard? Thanks [name]Eli[/name] x

[name]Eric[/name] is one of my all-time favorites. It was at the very top of my list when my first son was born. It was too rhymey with our last name, so we couldn’t use it. [name]Eric[/name] Churchyard is great.