Down to 3...

I’m 18 weeks with #2, and we don’t know the sex. We have a DD, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f], and our last name starts with an M, and sounds like Merit.

We’ve narrowed our baby name list down two 3 names for each gender, and I’ll post our boy name choices on the Boy [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names board in a minute.

Here’s the girl names:

[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]

I’d love to hear your thoughts on these names… the impressions they give you, your order from best to worst, possible downsides, etc. We’re unsure of a middle name at this point… we’ll decide on that once we’re picked a first name. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is a consideration though, since it’s DH’s mom’s name.

Thank you! :smiley:

Congrats. I think all four names go very well with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. In order of my personal favorite to least favorite would be [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Florence[/name_f].

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my favorite! I absolutely adore it. I just love it too much to describe :slight_smile:

My next favorite would have to be [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. I like its lengthiness and ability to still sound not TOO old-lady

Next would be [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. I like its spunk and sound, but I’m not a huge fan.

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] would be my least favorite. It’s very dated [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and has a less-than-pleasant sound.

I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would make a fabulous sibset. The names have a comparable style while not being matchy at all.

Good luck and I wish you the best in finding a name for your little one :slight_smile:

i think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is a lovely name x

I like them all, but I’d probably go with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]…it’s strong and timeless and goes perfectly with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] as sisters. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are also great. I probably wouldn’t use [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] because while I like it I think too many people out in the real world wouldn’t…it might be more comfortable as a middle name.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f]!!! :smiley: It’s a beautiful, old school name and comes from the stunning city of [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (or [name_f]Fiorenza[/name_f]) in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. I feel like this background gives it depth and cultural relevance. Also, there are loads of nicknames for this name: [name_f]Flo[/name_f], [name_f]Florrie[/name_f]/[name_f]Florry[/name_f], [name_f]Flossy[/name_f] or [name_u]Ren[/name_u].
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]: I’m not a fan :S I think it’s quite a clunky name and I feel like it’s old rather than vintage I guess. That doesn’t really make sense oops :S I guess I mean that I feel like it’s outdated and isn’t one of the names that will make a comeback.
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]: Once again, I don’t really like this name for pretty much the same reasons.
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f]! It’s one of my top 10 :stuck_out_tongue: It’s beautiful and elegant and just sounds amazing.

I like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] :slight_smile: my aunt was called [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and she was the strongest and bravest person I’ve ever known. She was told at 18 that she wouldn’t live past 26 and she died on her 67th birthday ([name_u]December[/name_u] 4th 2010) after having to have dialysis 4 times a week and a total of 7 kidney transplants since the age of 20. She was amazing.

Ooh, I love your name options!

[name_f]Florence[/name_f]: I am always torn on this name as part of me thinks it is pretty, delicate, and vintage and the other part thinks it is too old-lady or fragile sounding. It is a nice name though and I love the nn option of [name_u]Ren[/name_u]. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be lovely together!
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]: I see the appeal, but this name has always seemed slightly homely to me. Also, it may sound too cutesy or sing-songy with your last name.
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]: This is a lovely, classic name with a simple, strong beauty. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it and it is great with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]: I love this name, as it has a great meaning and sound and is quite rare. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] Merit is very clunky though. : /

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is one of my favorites. I don’t really like the others.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are sweet. I’m not a fan of the other two. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] makes me think of the [name_u]Brady[/name_u] Bunch and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] was the name of a mean old semi-relative.

In descending order…

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a natural sister name to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and it’s lovely :slight_smile:

I like them from best to worst, [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] the most! [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] sound great together! However, I wouldn’t use [name_f]Mary[/name_f] with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. It’s too many M’s, A’s, and 2 syllables. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. I really dislike [name_f]Florence[/name_f], it would be my last choice. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is ok, but [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my second choice. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is sweet!

I think all four names work with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], so no issues there! :slight_smile:
My personal favorites would be [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], but I do feel like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a little more predictable next to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. So my vote goes to [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]! I absolutely adore [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], and would love to know a little girl with that name!!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] :slight_smile: