Down to 4 - But less than a month to go - Looking for insight

[name]Hi[/name] Berries -
My husband and I have our girl list down to 4, but we are just struggling to commit to a name; however we are also quickly running out of time. Would you be so kind to give your insight to our list. Please don’t suggest any alternative name choices as more choices just adds to more confusion. If you are a person who does consider sibsets we have two daughters Esmee (Ez-may) and [name]Siri[/name].

P.S. - We have no middle name choices yet just working on the First. - That will just have to be a later post:)

[name]Clementine[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the meaning; however doesn’t really have a good nn - Husband hasn’t quite felt the same attraction to this name I have.

[name]Ottaline[/name] - Biggest concern is people hearing/thinking “out of line” vs [name]Ah[/name]-tah-line

[name]Geneva[/name] - Well outside of living down the street from the city of [name]Geneva[/name];we pretty much put this name on our list bc we wanted to be able to use the nn gigi, but after an exhaustive search could not find another G name we liked as much.

[name]Matilda[/name] - I’m not sure we would really do a nn, but the name is prob. the most pop on the charts - and we don’t know if it is as playful as the other choices

[name]Clementine[/name] - I think it’s really cute, but you’re right about the nn issue. I suppose you could use [name]Emmie[/name] or [name]Tina[/name]. As well, if you’re both not loving it then maybe it’s not the right choice.

[name]Ottaline[/name] - Now that you mentioned it, I kind of hear “out of line”. I know you said no suggestions, but [name]Ottilie[/name] is a similar name you might like without the “out of line” thing.

[name]Geneva[/name] - If it doesn’t bother you that you live close to [name]Geneva[/name], then I think this is a great choice, especially if you like the nn [name]Gigi[/name]. (but, if the only reason you are considering the name is because of the nickname, then maybe it’s not the best)

[name]Matilda[/name] - It is more serious than the others on your list, but there are cute nicknames you could use if you were open to it ([name]Mattie[/name], [name]Tilly[/name])

Esmee, [name]Siri[/name] and sister…

1 [name]Geneva[/name] - This is pretty and unusual so it’s my top choice.
2 [name]Clementine[/name] - Sweet and vintage. Stylistically, it pairs better with Esmee than [name]Siri[/name].
3 [name]Ottaline[/name] - Not a favourite name of mine but it’s rare like the older siblings names.
4 [name]Matilda[/name] - I love this name but it’s not as unusual as Esmee and [name]Siri[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name] - I think [name]Clementine[/name] is a nice name, but I don’t think it goes very nicely with Esmee and [name]Siri[/name]. Like the pp said, if you’re both not sure about, don’t use it.

[name]Ottaline[/name] - Very pretty name, again I don’t really see it going with Esmee and [name]Siri[/name]. I can see how this would be heard as Out-of-line, but I don’t think it would be too much of an issue.

[name]Geneva[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Geneva[/name]! It goes alright with Esmee and [name]Siri[/name] in my opinion. However if you don’t really ike the name [name]Geneva[/name] in itself, just the nn [name]Gigi[/name], then I would hesitate to use it.

[name]Matilda[/name] - I do like [name]Matilda[/name] and in my opinion it goes best with [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Siri[/name] out of all of your names. I like the nn [name]Tilda[/name] for [name]Matilda[/name].

Good luck!

From your list, I think [name]Geneva[/name] goes best with Esmee and [name]Siri[/name] and [name]Gigi[/name] is a cute nn too. I love [name]Clementine[/name], but agree that it goes better with Esmee compared to [name]Siri[/name]. [name]Clemmie[/name] is my favorite nn for it. I think [name]Matilda[/name] could work as well although as noted above, it is much more popular. Maybe [name]Mathilde[/name] would make it a little more unusual. [name]Tilda[/name] or [name]Tilly[/name] are sweet nns too. I prefer [name]Ottilie[/name] to [name]Ottaline[/name] and think it works better with your sibset (keeps the e/i ending). You could use [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Tilly[/name] as a nn for it too.

I know you said no suggestions, but I adore Geneve. It’s similar to [name]Geneva[/name]. It’s the French version, actually. If it doesn’t appeal to you, I like [name]Geneva[/name], esp. nn [name]Gigi[/name].

[name]Cleo[/name] is pretty adorable, as a nick for [name]Clementine[/name]. Not sure if that’s too much of a stretch.

Wow - You guys are very helpful. Not that I am even close to a decision, but let me respond to a few of the postings.

First my husband and I do like the name Ottillie; however, we would still spell it Ottallie - because I prefer tallie as a nn vs tilly. Nonetheless, the reason we put [name]Ottaline[/name] on the list is bc we could use ottalie or tallie as nn. We just wanted a different prefix to the name since [name]Siri[/name] already has the hard E sound

Thank you to the poster who wrote the nn [name]Emmie[/name] for [name]Clementine[/name] - never thought of that. Really we chose the name [name]Clementine[/name] bc the meaning is Merciful. Esmee means loved and [name]Siri[/name] has a ton of meanings but one we found we really liked was Beautiful. So that is how the love for [name]Clementine[/name] began merely as meaning- but still think it is a playful name just not sure how it ages.

[name]Geneva[/name] is just a name we both like, but really love the nn eva and gigi. We think it is simple and sweet the best meaning i can find is woman of the race - not that great that is our main struggle.

[name]Matilda[/name] - Well, we enjoy the name could not use the nn [name]Mattie[/name] already have a [name]Madeline[/name] as a niece who goes by [name]Maddie[/name]. We could use [name]Tilly[/name], but really this is a name I like the name more than the nn. However, I hesitate with its popularity and can’t decide if it sounds too heavy with our other daughters names.

Thanks for all your help your opinions are so valued as we have not discussed any options w our ¬-families – less weird comments and stares – they are not quite as progressive in names

[name]Geneva[/name]'s my favorite. I don’t love [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name], but I think I’m in the minority.

I think [name]Geneva[/name] is the right name for your little girl. It’s both stylish and meaningful for your family, and it goes very well with your sibset.

Esmee, [name]Siri[/name], and [name]Geneva[/name]

[name]Geneva[/name]- I really love this name. You don’t hear many people these days with that name, so that’s definitely a good thing. Not so much of a fan of the nn [name]Gigi[/name] though.

[name]Ottaline[/name]- Its an okay name I guess, but it doesn’t really go with the sibset.

[name]Clementine[/name]- For some reason all I see is clam chowder when I hear this name.

[name]Matilda[/name]- I seriously don’t understand why everyone likes the name [name]Matilda[/name]. But just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean you don’t have to use it. I really like the nn [name]Mattie[/name] though. Sorta boyish but cute for a girl at the same time.