Down to our Final List ***PLEASE HELP***

See the results of this poll: Help us pick our baby girl’s name: “James, Noah, & …”

Respondents: 71 (This poll is closed)

• Audrey Kate: 17 (24%)
  • Audrey Elizabeth: 11 (15%)
  • Claire Eliza: 9 (13%)
  • Claire Elizabeth: 17 (24%)
  • Abigail (Abby) Grace: 10 (14%)
  • Abigail (Abby) Kate: 7 (10%)

i voted for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] but I also love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! It was hard but in the end, I chose [name]Claire[/name] because I felt it flowed better with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. [name]Audrey[/name] doesn’t give me the same vibe [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] do but [name]Claire[/name] feels more closely tied with her brothers. Good luck!

I also went [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]–it’s really nice and goes very well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] (both of which I like a lot!)

I voted for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], which is gorgeous. I love the name [name]Claire[/name], and while [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] are perfectly fine names, they just don’t stand out to me. [name]James[/name], [name]Noah[/name], and [name]Claire[/name] make a lovely sibset!

I ditto Irisrose here. I liked most of the combinations with only the popularity of some of the names ([name]Grace[/name] as a middle for example) holding me back, but I think [name]Claire[/name] goes best with your boys.

Definitely [name]Abigail[/name]! I just love that both [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are Hebrew names - not to mention that your name, [name]Sara[/name], is - and I think it would be lovely to continue the Hebrew tradition with your darling little daughter! [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is my pick, but I prefer the [name]Cate[/name] spelling - just a little softer and more interesting in my opinion!

Best wishes to you and your family!

I love [name]Audrey[/name] with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], so I voted for [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. All lovely names though!

I voted for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], but I also love [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Great choices and good luck!

I voted for [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but I also like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]

(1) [name]Claire[/name]
(2) [name]Audrey[/name]
(way behind) [name]Abigail[/name] … there are 234 zillion Abigails right now, and it reached its peak 5 years ago.

All three names are quite nice, but my favourite, both on it’s own and with your other children’s names (I adore [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], by the way) is [name]Audrey[/name]. I feel [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has the best flow, as with [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] the back-to-back vowel sounds make it a little hard to say.

Good luck!

I agree that [name]Claire[/name] goes best with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], so I would definitely go with [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Claire[/name] elizabeth is perfect runner up audrey kate. I dislike abby its over used and doesnt sound very good in this sib set.

Seems that [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the favorite so far. [name]Do[/name] like this one, too. A few liked [name]Abigail[/name], but definitely not as much as [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]. I am curious whether my first/middle name combination for [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Kate[/name] is what threw people off or whether the name [name]Abigail[/name] itself just didn’t fit. I really appreciate everyone’s help!!!

Possibly we could have picked a better middle name for [name]Abigail[/name] to make this a more viable choice???

I feel like I’m a bit partial to [name]Claire[/name] myself though :slight_smile:

I posted before, but I still think [name]Abigail[/name] goes best with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]James[/name], being that it is also Hebrew in origin. People are saying that it is quite popular, but so are [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] - or at least they are rising in popularity now. [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are popular, so I’m thinking popularity really doesn’t bother you…

The middle name [name]Grace[/name], to me, seems stuffy, expected, and rather boring. I prefer the [name]Cate[/name] spelling if you choose that middle name. I really love [name]Claire[/name]! Why not dress [name]Abigail[/name] up a bit and name her [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Claire[/name]? Then you get two names you love! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], because I love the sound and how [name]Claire[/name] works with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name] was basically tied with [name]Claire[/name] Elizaveth for me, and [name]Abigail[/name] was just too popular.

I’ve heard [name]Abigail[/name] (nn [name]Abby[/name]) so much, that it no longer sounds fresh to me. Off the top of my head, I can think of 13 young [name]Abigail[/name]/Abbys of whom I know, and I bet I could think of more. It just feels epidemically popular to me.

Like you said, the middle names were a factor for me, because [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Grace[/name] sounded very G heavy (and I view [name]Grace[/name] as a “filler” middle), and [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounded harsh to me (hard G and hard K sounds). ([name]Both[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] have long A sounds, so I heard a lot of long A when I said the combo out loud.)

So, my reasons for discounting poor [name]Abigail[/name] were popularity and the combos.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Despite that [name]Abigail[/name] is a Hebrew name and would work with our boys names, I do share the same concern of popularity as others. Wish there was another Hebrew name that we both loved, but haven’t come across one outside of [name]Elizabeth[/name] (and we really like [name]Elizabeth[/name] for a middle name). [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are both popular, but it does seem to make a huge difference to not select a name in the top 10. You really do seem to run into less of them. Oddly, we hardly ever run into any other [name]James[/name]'s. [name]Noah[/name] is definitely more popular, and I have a feeling that [name]Abigail[/name] will be even more popular than [name]Noah[/name]… which does get old to always have another [name]Noah[/name] or whatever name you pick in the class… [name]Love[/name] [name]Claire[/name], though [name]Claire[/name] does seem to be moving up rapidly. Probably the next [name]Abby[/name]… Frustrating to feel like I’m still searching for names!!! [name]Just[/name] felt like I ‘Knew’ with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]… and can’t get to that point with a girls name :frowning:

I don’t think [name]Claire[/name] is the next [name]Abby[/name]/[name]Abigail[/name] – it’s simpler and has less trendiness potential. The problem with [name]Abigail[/name] is that it’s been in the Top 25 for more than a decade now and will probably soon start sliding down. [name]Audrey[/name] is still rising and has potential to be the next [name]Abigail[/name]/[name]Abby[/name] but is not quite so widely used yet. But [name]Claire[/name] overall has the greatest staying power – it’s more like [name]James[/name] than like [name]Noah[/name] but fits with both.

Thank you, great advice [name]Pam[/name]. Curious what makes a name have trendiness potential???