Down to the last three (or maybe four)

Since we’re both off work and the weather is pretty bad, SO and I had some time to finalize our shortlist for [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]’s twin brother, due in [name_u]January[/name_u]. We’re down to three names, but with one I’m not sure which variation I like most. Older brothers are (half brother) Hjörtur and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m].

I promise I will stop bothering you guys a while after this.

• Shura: this unisex nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/Aleksander really struck a chord with me. While [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] is perfectly charming, this one is more unusual and has more punch, I’d say. But it doesn’t seem to get much love on here or other websites… Please tell me what you think.

• Nikita: this has been on our list from the start. I really like it, but somehow I just don’t love it. I know it would be perfect with [name_m]Leonid[/name_m], but my heart’s not in it.

• Artemy or [name_m]Artem[/name_m]: I’ve always liked [name_m]Artyom[/name_m], but these two are even better. They sound more friendly and soft, yet still strong and masculine. Personally I prefer Artemy, while SO leans more towards [name_m]Artem[/name_m].

• Shura
  • Nikita
  • Artem
  • Artemy

0 voters

1 Like

I’m unsure of how to vote here… [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is my favorite, both on its own and with your other boys’ names – especially [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]’s. I like how distinct it sounds, yet it fits in so well. BUT if your heart isn’t in it, then it probably isn’t The Name.

Shura is great! I must admit that I prefer [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], which is still unique and packs a punch, I think. But I do like [name_u]Shura[/name_u], and I think it could work very well in your sibset. Also, I love and totally agree with what @jonquils said about [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] & [name_u]Shura[/name_u] together!

I don’t like Artemy, as it sounds like artery. [name_m]Artem[/name_m] is okay, but it feels a bit off to me, tbh. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

While I do like [name_u]Shura[/name_u], I don’t think it works with his brothers’ names.
[name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is really lovely here but if you don’t love it you don’t love it. Nothing you can do about it.
[name_m]Artem[/name_m] and Artemy are both so handsome! And a great match!

2 Likes

Ooh I really like [name_u]Shura[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Artem[/name_m] on it’s own because it feels like a name he will grow into better. Artemy is a great nickname. For example, my name is [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] and I’ve been called Michelley by friends.

1 Like

I see what you mean, but in Russian the -y ending doesn’t indicate a nickname, it’s a very common ending for full (male) names. His nickname would be [name_m]Tyoma[/name_m] (and [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]’s would be [name_f]Lyonya[/name_f]).

1 Like

I love [name_m]Artem[/name_m] or Artemy you could always go for Artemy and have [name_m]Artem[/name_m] as a nickname. I think the name is fantastic

1 Like

Artem gets my vote!

1 Like

Very interesting! I did not know that, thank you for explaining :blush:

1 Like
  1. [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] and [name_u]Shura[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] and [name_m]Artem[/name_m]
1 Like

Artem and Artemy are amazing!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Artem[/name_m] and [name_u]Shura[/name_u]!

Agreed. [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] feels like it is perfect for you “on paper” but not in your heart, and that’s the most important thing.

1 Like

Artemy/Artem would definitely be my choice for [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]’s twin! [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] would be my choice after Artemy or [name_m]Artem[/name_m].

1 Like