Down to the wire for baby girl #4

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,
Hubby and I are trying to choose a name for our baby girl due in [name_u]about a week and a half[/name_u]. Her siblings names are [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], and [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f]. Her MN will follow our little tradition of being named after her grandparents, and will be [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]. LN is 2 syllables starting with B. We are open to any suggestions, but are into modernized classic names. Please help us choose between these names or suggest some new ones please xx

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]: Top of our list, but skeptical about the double B initials. I don’t know if it bothers me too much yet; going to wait and see. Another hesitation is the association with Bellatrix Lestrange. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite though so far.

Briar: Second favorite of mine, husband likes it but not sold, I think. Only thing is the double B initials, and the first two letter of our surname is BR, like Briar.

Evangeline: Such a beautiful name but too many syllables? Kind of seems like a mouthful.

[name_f]Scarlette[/name_f]: Also really like this one. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother in-law especially likes this, but I don’t know how well it flows together with MN and LN

Please help us choose between these names, or suggest a different one! Getting anxious with her nearing due date.

I do love [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] but the meaning makes me sad “bringer of war” which is why it was so appropriate for [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange - a character that may be difficult to be associated with, as much as I love her also

Saphira [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] I’m not sure how I feel about the flow of this

Scarlette is nice. I think it works with the middle

Skyla [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] I think this works and is lovely

Saige I know it’s all the rage but I really don’t like it

1 Like

I thought that [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] meant female warrior, but I guess not. I also am skeptical about the association with the character. We both love the name but am doubtful with its associations. Thank you for your help xx

1 Like

Evangeline [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is best from your list.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Scarlette[/name_f] or [name_u]Briar[/name_u] sounds best with [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] because [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is a [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character too and together it makes the connection even more obvious.

1 Like

Another vote for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

1 Like

You can’t go wrong ! You have wonderful names picked!

My favourite with [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] but my favourite with [name_m]Tristian[/name_m] , [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] , and [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] Is [name_u]Briar[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] but my hesitation is with the middle name. It’s very [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. Also [name_f]Bella[/name_f] feels very popular

I know [name_u]Seven[/name_u] Scarletts under the age of 5 so I would automatically nix that one

4 Likes

Naming this baby has been so stressful! Despite the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] relation, my older son and my husband like [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] the most, my dad and mother in-law likes [name_f]Scarlette[/name_f] the most, my mum and father in-law likes [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] the most, and my younger son, daughter and I like [name_u]Briar[/name_u] the most! I think we all like everything else, but can’t agree on a set name

1 Like

My mother in-law pointed that out! I can’t tell if I care or not about the length but regardless, still can’t decide! Driving me crazy

1 Like

Your kids all have the most lovely names

I think Evangeline would make a gorgeous addition

Some other ideas

Tristan, Cassius, Alexia, & ______:

Eloise Astoria
Marnie Astoria
Margaux Astoria
Meadow Astoria
Elodie Astoria
Talia Astoria
Daphne Astoria
Maren Astoria
Imogene Astoria
Genevieve Astoria
Rosalie Atoria
Louella Astoria
Emmeline Astoria
Colette Astoria
Odette Astoria
Jocelyn Astoria
Jolene Astoria
Cadence Astoria
Cecily Astoria
Bronwyn Astoria “Winn” “Winnie”
Opal Astoria
Pearl Astoria
Fern Astoria
Maeve/Mavis/Maven Astoria
Sage/Paige Astoria
Bellamy Astoria
Noemi Astoria
Zeta Astoria
Isabeau Astoria
Vida Astoria
Veda Astoria
Maude Astoria
Natalie Astoria “Talia”
Marvel Astoria
Juniper Astoria
Lilith Astoria
Lorraine Astoria “Rory”
Maisie Astoria
Corrine Astoria
Shelby Astoria
Leona Astoria
Temperance Astoria

3 Likes

If you don’t want to go full [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] with [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] you could go the other [name_m]Potter[/name_m] route and do [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! Personally I like it much more and it has that same sort of draw and sound! Either way I love your names and I know you’ll find the right name for your sweet new baby and family! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Rather than [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] how about [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]? With your other children’s names I really love [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] I think that works the best.

Ooh, we love this one! Hub likes it too!

2 Likes

I love the sound of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], but, in place of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], I would choose [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]. The tie in with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and inspiring meaning of “she who brings happiness; blessed” would fit your new daughter well.

2 Likes

I think my family and I have decided on [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. We all loved [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] so much but didn’t like the relation to the character. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is everything we love about the name and more xx

11 Likes

I mean it effectively does it’s the Female of Bellator in Latin meaning ‘to wage war’ from bellum meaning ‘war’

Warriors wage war

But in the same way that [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] beans bringer of happiness - bellatrix means bringer of war

Bellatrix [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] gets my vote!

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Briar[/name_u].
I also love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], as other Berries have suggested.

1 Like

I think the association of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] is negative, especially with [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] (another [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] name).

Evangeline [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is gorgeous!

1 Like